• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Accessory Arsenal

Cigar FF

I always enjoy discussions about the types of cutters others like to use as well as lighter choices. I'm also always looking for ideas and ways to keep up with my cigar game. I have a long way to go. 

I'm sure this isn't original but what do you have in your arsenal of accessories? Take a picture and share it. It would be nice to see the list or a label for each of your items in event others get inspired and want to research and purchase something you are displaying. 

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11962]

On the bottom: Rockwell 3-Cigar holder, Large cigar scissors purchased from Famous-smoke.com (although, the maximum ring size does not look so large), Vertigo 3 flame lighter purchased at local B & M (lifetime warranty I believe), 2 complimentary CI punches
On the top: Herf-a-Dor 10 cigar travel case by Humi-Care, Palio Cutter (up to 50 ring), Xikar lighter was a gift, add-on to order guillotine cutters from CI.

Hope this gets some interest and activity.  

Edit: now with pics!

Herfadors:
15ct Herfador
10ct Xikar Travel Humidor
5ct Herfador
15ct "vault case" travel humidor
4ct "Black Ops" case

D26F70F6-D97B-4360-8D32-CA1458659BA3_zpsu1f0v6or.jpg

Cutters:
Xikar Xi3 Carbon Fiber
Xikar Xi3 black (not pictured)
Xikar ZX carbon fiber
Cuban Crafters Perfect Cutter black (not pictured)
Cuban Crafters slim cutter
Cuban Crafters scissor cutters (hate 'em.. Not pictured)
Cuban Crafters punch cutter

E6B7CDF2-E747-446B-AAFC-4ABDFF98635F_zpsrbhexugu.jpg

Lighters:
3x custom zippo shells with Thunderbird torch inserts (1 not pictured)
Xikar Executive (not pictured)
Xikar Allume (LOVE this lighter)
Xikar Liga Privada tabletop lighter
Xikar pipeline lighter (not pictured)
Xikar Flintfire
Half a dozen Ronsons (spread out all over - man room, front porch, both cars, in my accessories box, therefore only two pictured.
Bugatti (this thing is like a tank.)

C83C714D-7D4E-4D23-9437-68D75BBAF57F_zps9ohnryou.jpg

Draw Tools:
One custom one made by a guy on another forum who then disappeared
One made by HWeibe which is awesome

1111B76E-82FF-4C5F-A027-42465CD7B22B_zpszgq8vk2e.jpg

Ashtrays:
Cigarfest2014 Drew Estate (Xikar Essence design)

52DFDD1A-4D0C-4471-9B9A-4B523884F068_zpsyscvko9b.jpg

Room101:

E621A7C3-FBCA-4CFD-8640-2376FF1B7DC4_zpswnrfrora.jpg

Padron (not pictured)

I have a few Xikars like the teardrop deal with Zebra Wood, and two of the really thin cutters, one has finger holes and the other can magnetically attach to one of their lighters. I also have a Palio that my Secret Santa gave me several years ago. The Palio is my favorite, by far. Cuts clean as hell, very light, very comfortable to use with my seriously arthritic hands, and the cigar rest feature is damned handy.

I have several cigar cases. My favorites are the Atoll that hold 3 cigars and have the movable wooden dividers. All have rare wood caps. Very elegant. Black Ostrich, Brown Leather, and a Chestnut color. 
Have an Andre Garcia 5 cigars hard leather telescopic case. I use it when I go to a party and want extra smokes for friends.
A Prometheus 3 finger Churchill sized soft leather telescopic case that came with their cigars. I've never used it. It smells so strong from the curing that I figure it will ruin the cigars.
Finally, I have a few sizes of those 2 finger leather with the screw top aluminum cylinder inserts. Very nice, and offer excellent protection in a backpack or soft briefcase.

2 proper travel humidors. One is a forty count, and has the trays and valve. The other is a leather affair with a cedar interior that zips closed. Holds a good 8 to 12 cigars depending on ring ga.. 

Crap load of lighters. Mostly Xikars in torch and soft flame.

Xikar twin flame lighter
La Gloria quad flame lighter ( looks like the afterburner on an F-4 and I've managed to toast four fingers )
Blazer lighter
Alec Bradley table top bunson burner lighter
Xikar cutter
Cheapie cutter
A true grill light when I can't find any of the above ( don't ask how often that happens ).

Got this on cbid for $13.

It's the Cigarfest 2014 ashtray, but features the DE logo on the top, and I'm 99% sure it's identical to the new Xikar "Essence" ashtray.

I actually really like the design as it has an accessory bin too. No more "Where'd I put that cutter..."

52DFDD1A-4D0C-4471-9B9A-4B523884F068_zpsyscvko9b.jpg

[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11963]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11964]
[sharedmedia=gallery:images:11965]

I "try" to keep all my stuff in an old cigar box.  Works good in theory.   :)

My faves are the old Zippo Steelers lighter and Zikar One.  My back ups are the Zino cutter and the Prometheus Neptune lighter.

Hmmmm . . . well, I have three ashtrays---a Don Lino Africa one, a San Cristobal one, and a Montecristo one.  A cutter, a punch (neither very fancy and both needing replaced soon) and some lighters.  I go through lighters, so I tend not to spend a lot on them.  I have a Xikar and an off-brand single torch, a new Vertigo twin torch, and a Harley design Zippo with a Blazer insert. Two cases; one a plain brown leather Cuban Crafters and the other a black Camacho one from an event, with a big logo medallion  on it.  It'll hold four, so I like it a lot.

Oh, and I have a graduated set of carved meerschaum cigar holders that a friend gifted me.

~Boar

madurotrout said:

My faves are the old Zippo Steelers lighter and Zikar One.  My back ups are the Zino cutter and the Prometheus Neptune lighter.

Now why didn't I think of this?  Finally know what I'm going to do with my old boxes.

I have a xikar cutter, a blazer lighter, two cigar caddies, and two ashtrays. I try to buy quality so I don't need quantity.

ClemTigers said:
If you were to recommend a good double blade cutter, which one would you choose?
Imo Xikars are a good option because they come with an unconditional lifetime warranty. But Palios feel the best to me.
Setharsis said:

Now why didn't I think of this?  Finally know what I'm going to do with my old boxes.
Yea no kidding right, been looking for a solution like that. Now I need to find me a nice empty box, hoping for that Avo 88 piano finished one!

I have and love my Xikar MTX cutter.
IMG_9797.PNG

Also anyone like Xikar cases below? Been thinking about getting one myself.

IMG_9798.PNG

I use a 10 count case myself. I think it was a freebie with purchase but can't remember. Either way money well spent.

Cutters: Xikar Xi3 Titanium Nitride, Palio Burl Wood, Xikar VX-V v-cutter, Colibri v-cut cutter.
Punch: Xikar 009 pull out punch.
Utility: Victorinox Swiss Army Cigar Knife
Fire: Old version Blazer torch.
Ash Tray: Beat to crap old Stinky ash tray with two missing stirrups.
Three sizes of travel humidors, 5, 15 (in theory) and another bigger one that I don't remember the count on.

The Xikar VX-V is my current favorite cutter. The Colibri works fine, but takes a HUGE wedge out of the end of the cigar. I've had cigars unravel due to it's cut, so I don't use it much anymore. Xikar is clearly the better one there, IMHO. Some guys feel really strongly about the Palio or Xikar cutters, one way or another. The are both high quality cutters and I can get perfect results with either. No preference there. Love the little Victorinox knife / scissors / punch tool. You know, if you had to live with one and only one tool, that would likely do it. The old Blazer is hanging in there and since I bought two (one is hiding for when this one gives up the ghost) I'm probably set. The mutts got to this one a couple years back and gave the cap a good chewing but it still works so it's still in the toolbox. They work perfect, never been tempted to look elsewhere.

You certainly don't need all this junk to smoke a cigar. A sharp pocket knife and a wood match would get it done quite well......:cool:

I'm a sucker just like most. If it ain't cigar accessories, it's pipe accessories, or beer glasses, or wine accessories, or camping gear, or watches, etc.

A good lighter, cutter, and case is really all I actually need.