• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Aficienado Top 10 is out....

Interesting to see the Illusione up there with the "big boys". Congrats Dion, you've got a real winner there.

Interesting Tatuaje's arent on there.

I would have added that before a HdM, or Dunhill signed range.

I havent smoked a HdM domestic in awhile, and havent ever smoked a CAO Vision. I have smoked everything else on the list within the past year

I like reading Cigar Aficionado's cigar reviews for the tasting notes, but the ratings seem totally irrelavent to me. Davidoffs consistently score in the mid-80s, even the Diademas Finas got an 86. Anejos are never ranked. And I'm sure there are ten ISOMs which would be worthy of beating out 7-10. I would have liked to have seen some Lanceros on there too, considering they were the "in" thing this year.

Interesting Tatuaje's arent on there.

I would have added that before a HdM, or Dunhill signed range.

I havent smoked a HdM domestic in awhile, and havent ever smoked a CAO Vision. I have smoked everything else on the list within the past year

The exclusion of Tatuaje made me disregard the list. I really enjoy some of the cigars on that list, but not including Tatuaje is criminal IMO.

D

I used to loyally read CA but gave it up because it seemed the rumors were true about the ratings a cigar received being tied to the amount spent on advertising in the magazine.

I also wonder about the process to reach the top ten. Did they order these cigars and smoke them right away? Did they allow them to rest for a few months?

Still..............it's fun reading the top ten :thumbs:

Back