• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar aging

ree ree robusto

Official Misfit
I just purchased some ISOM's...Cohiba Esplendido's & Robusto's, and Montecristo No.2's. From my understanding, these sticks will be much better in 4-6 years give or take as they age. How much of a difference does the taste of the cigar change over that period of time. Man...I can't wait that long to light them up. If I did, it would take a lot of self-control to wait...which I don't have.

ree ree robusto said:
I just purchased some ISOM's...Cohiba Esplendido's & Robusto's, and Montecristo No.2's. From my understanding, these sticks will be much better in 4-6 years give or take as they age. How much of a difference does the taste of the cigar change over that period of time. Man...I can't wait that long to light them up. If I did, it would take a lot of self-control to wait...which I don't have.
If you purchased these by the box, try smoking one out of each box every 6 months or so. That's the best way for you to see how cigars change as they age.

Makes a huge difference. Of course you're going to want to smoke some sooner then later but you'll be doing yourself a big favor by saving at least some of them. I like Moki's suggestion :thumbs:

It makes a difference... but how much do you care to wait 4 years? If you have a huge collection id wait.. otherwise start enjoying them a little after about 6 months a year. They will still be good and if you limit it to like one every few months.. by the time your done with the boy they will be 4 years old :p If the aged taste you think is amazing try and find a aged box :p

This is what I've been wondering too. I'm so eager to try them, maybe I should buy some expensive ones and let them age, and during that time try cheaper ones with less aging. My lil' humidor can only hold a small amount.

Lemon said:
This is what I've been wondering too. I'm so eager to try them, maybe I should buy some expensive ones and let them age, and during that time try cheaper ones with less aging. My lil' humidor can only hold a small amount.
Build a coolidor or fridgeador ASAP! ;)