• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar and Beverage Pairings

Montagieu

Had the house to myself today and couldn't pass up the opportunity to enjoy a beverage with a good smoke. I chose a Young's Double Chocolate Stout and a CAO L'Anniversaire Robusto Maduro.

IMG_1876.jpg

IMG_1877.jpg

The pairing was pretty good. The spice in the first half of the CAO went well with the strong "roasted coffee bean" flavor of the stout, but found the stout to be pretty one dimensional. I had a continuous burn problem with the CAO but that could be due to the 20-30 mph wind we had here. They build those wind farms out here for a reason!

If anyone else has an interest in continuing this thread with their pairing experiments, PLEASE CONTRIBUTE!

I often enjoy my Padron 2000 Maduros with a Dunkin Donuts coffee. Iced coffee in the summer, hot coffee in the fall/spring/winter. Great combo.

what would go with a cognac? If you need particulars, then it would be Fillioux Balzac (VSOP) a more straight drink

Any single malt scotch should pair well with your cigar, but then again, I've never had a CAO.

I always recommend Dewar's 12 and 4 rocks.
3479.jpg

Any single malt scotch should pair well with your cigar, but then again, I've never had a CAO.

I always recommend Dewar's 12 and 4 rocks.
3479.jpg

You do realize that Dewar's is a blended whisky.

Haha, yes I do but good point Moe! I should have separated my first sentence further from what I like to drink with my cigar.

Let me rephrase what I meant for ya;

"Any single malt scotch should pair well with your cigar...But I like to drink Dewar's 12..."

;)

Not big on the CAO line, but I love me some Young's Double Chocolate Stout! I tend to drink a lot of Guinness when I smoke also. Nothing better (to me anyways) than a Padron 1926 Serie maduro and a strong cup of coffee in the morning when I have time to sit and really enjoy a smoke.