• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Bands

Krautle87

Confutatis maledictis, voca me cum benedictis.
I'm working on cigar bands for my store's house brand, Just would like to get some opinions about these so far.

cpband.png

The leaf decoration seems a bit fine and busy. Are you planning on embossing? Gold foil? If so, I'd make the detail a little larger, more robust and thus easier to visually connect with. The "CP" is quite plain.

Wilkey

I don't know if we're doing foil/embossing, it's not my store actually, I'm just working on these for the boss.

Foiling and embossing will really make them stand out more, gold foil is nice but I like to be different and would go with silver. When it comes to foiling you can get any color you can think of.
As Wilkey noted the leaves are kinda of fine especially when it gets sized down it will be really hard to see.

I agree that the tobacco leaves could be bigger, a garland of one row of leaves instead of three.

xprinter, I got your PM, thanks but I'm just coming up with designs, the boss already has a printer that he works with.

Yeah, they seem a little plain. I agree with the leaves being too fine. Would it be possible to drop the handmade and imported, and replace it with totalamente a mano or something?... that would be kinda cool. Of the bunch, I tend to like the Red one. Why not incorporate some medallions and change the "CP" print to something more german/gothic?
Just thoughts....

Steve

cpband2.png

Okay, I changed it up a tad, and threw in a bit of detail on the CP. I didn't feel like reducing the detail on the leaves, since I'm doing this on Paint. :laugh: I'll try that a bit later though.

I'll ask about putting the "HandMade-Imported" in Spanish, I like that Idea, I might try throwing some medals on there too. One question, aren't the Medals that you see on the RyJ bands medals that they actually won? Would putting them on the CP band be false advertising?

I like the white and the red background, but many have red. I don't know that's a bad thing though.

Ken

Ik owuld go with a brighter Red, kind of like a PSD4. That an Gold or silver leaf.. that could be cool. Who cares is they won those medals... no one will ask.

Steve

These are very nice, but I personally think you should have a painting of someone getting their throat slashed in a tobacco field. That would grab some attention!

I like the second one of the first batch. I don't think you should put medals on though.

Thanks for the input all, the boss wanted red and gold originally, personally I think there are enough Red and golds to go around, in any case I think they decided to go with the white from the first group.

I'm going to take some of the suggestions from the posts here and work on a final design, I've got a few Ideas in my head for something a little bit different. ;)