• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Beetle infested Cuban

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Had a party yesterday (Memorial Day) and the weather was great, in the mid to high 90's. Decided to light up a Cuban, and as I did, it tasted as if someone urinated on the cigar. So I smoked it a little further, and saw many little white dots on the ash (eggs?). Smoked just a bit more, and the foot of the cigar was missing ash! Chunks were missing, so it was definately beetle infested.

Just thought I'd share. :sign:

YUK :angry:

I've never had the "experience" of smoking a beetle infested cigar. I'm sure my day will come before too long :0

I AM NOT BEETLE INFESTED!!!!

Oh wait, you were talking about a cigar, nevermind.

Man, that sucks. Can you describe the missing ash thing? The other day I had a cigar and it had a couple of weird cylindrical areas in the cigar that were empty. Is that beetles, or just how it was bunched?

Every beetled cigar I've seen had holes in the wrapper from them. Didn't you notice this or weren't you even looking?

that's interesting (and of course it sucks)...
I bought and smoked my first VSG (torpedo) last week, and I noticed a bunch of small white dots on the ash. upon a closer look I could see very small bumps on (or under, I suppose) the surface of the wrapper.
no missing ash and certainly no foul tastes or aroma to report. it was quite a dreamy smoke, actually!
thinking about it now, it seems like if the beetles were going to lay eggs that they might do so "deeper" into the cigar.
but I'm certainly no expert.

sorry to hear about your memorial day smoke being such a bummer.

emmett.

puffnstuff said:
that's interesting (and of course it sucks)...
I bought and smoked my first VSG (torpedo) last week, and I noticed a bunch of small white dots on the ash. upon a closer look I could see very small bumps on (or under, I suppose) the surface of the wrapper.
no missing ash and certainly no foul tastes or aroma to report. it was quite a dreamy smoke, actually!
thinking about it now, it seems like if the beetles were going to lay eggs that they might do so "deeper" into the cigar.
but I'm certainly no expert.

sorry to hear about your memorial day smoke being such a bummer.

emmett.
What you saw on the VSG is tooth :thumbs:

Fast4Dr said:
What you saw on the VSG is tooth :thumbs:
Mmmm, I love a nice toothy wrapper. Very common with your better sun-growns :love:

aha!
ironic, because I've been wondering (and asking) what the hell "toothy" was.
didn't realize that I had actually experienced (and enjoyed) it!

emmett.