• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Breath

With a handle ending in ...'holio'...I think cigar breath should be the least of your worries!

....oh, Tips and Tricks... <WIlkey outta like the 'tricks' one!

I use coffee to combat the problem! :)

I'm a member of the ACS and get a subscription to C&EN. How the hell did I miss that article?!?!

I come home after a night of poker and gars and simply jam my tongue down the wifes throat and she can't bitch about the cigar breath!

I come home after a night of poker and gars and simply jam my tongue down the wifes throat and she can't bitch about the cigar breath!

Your new sig tag distracted me :p

Showdown over the Lunch Hour:

RASS vs. 3 Cups of OJ (store bought)

Winner: RASS, by a knock-out.

Back to the drawing board. Next I think I'll try sucking the lemon. Not looking forward to that.

I may have found a real solution to the post-smoke breath problem. About three weeks ago, I encountered this product while researching tonsiloliths: Therabreath. It looked like interesting information, but just like 290870234 other websites making incredible claims. A few days later, while waiting for my prescription to be filled, I found the mouthwash sitting on the shelf near the specialty toothpastes at Walgreens. I bought it, figuring the risk was minimal. When I tried it, I found it had the slightest hint of peppermint flavoring, but otherwise had the unique taste of an oxidizer. Using it leaves my mouth feeling clean, not like essence-of-acidified-mint Scope.

This morning, my wife commented that the stuff is really working. My breath has been completely inoffensive since I started using the stuff, and that has included a couple of trips to go smoke with my buddies. I later plan to order more of their products to see if any convey similar benefits or perhaps improvements over just using the mouthwash.

With much less success, I also tried Elimitaste gum. They have a brand called Smoke Screen about which they make the following claim:
Consumers of cigarettes and cigars, who are also typically major consumers of gums and mints, had been relying on inferior cover ups for smoking related breath issues. That is until we launched ElimiTaste SmokeScreen in 2004. SmokeScreen Insane MaxxMint is a bold, strong mint gum that helps neutralize the bad breath and after taste from smoking.

Results fell short of their claims in my testing. In fact, it did not seem to do as much as a pack of Wrigleys. If anyone wants to try the Smoke Screen gum, I'll happily send you a couple packs that I have remaining. There's just no point for me to continue using it.

I do not in any way benefit from these companies other than having tried their products (for better or worse).

Before I smoke on the weekend nights, I always ask if there's a possibility that we may be doing the wild thing later. I like cigars but.....I like some other things a lot more ;)

use a position where you don't / can't kiss

I use a combo of flossing, Targon mouth wash, a tongue scraper (the most important part), 2minutes with my Sonicare and then another round of Targon for good measure.

Have the wife smoke one with you, problem solved!!

j/k........I feel that just brushing, flossing and mouth wash do it for me.

This is going to sound crazy... but this is what I actually do.

Very, very cheap vodka (dark eyes 100 works well). Bunch of cinnamon. Mix them. Use it like mouthwash. The odor is COMPLETELY gone in less than 60 seconds.

I've been doing this for years and recently, I saw it on MythBusters! Crazy stuff...

I smoke a cigar once every two or three weeks, depending on my mood. It's like sex! So I don't have to worry the smell that often.

This is going to sound crazy... but this is what I actually do.

Very, very cheap vodka (dark eyes 100 works well). Bunch of cinnamon. Mix them. Use it like mouthwash. The odor is COMPLETELY gone in less than 60 seconds.

I've been doing this for years and recently, I saw it on MythBusters! Crazy stuff...

Sweet! going to try this out...thanks!

What works for me; brush, rinse with mouth wash. Couple hours later repeat, followed by gum. Taste gone.

I tried the brush/floss/scrape method and it wasn't working for me. The taste was gone from my perspective, but my wife continued to notice a barnyard odor emanating from my mouth. Since there are no farms nearby, I ruled out sleepwalking.

brush teeth. rinse with mouthwash. bruth teeth again.
gargle with 3% peroxide for about 30 seconds. it works and i don't know why.

brush teeth. rinse with mouthwash. bruth teeth again.
gargle with 3% peroxide for about 30 seconds. it works and i don't know why.

I think it is the peroxide, since that seems to be the foundation of the Therabreath product.