• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Careers?

turbo7250

Hello fellow puffers.....I am recently laid off and tired of the same old grind. I love cigars so much, I think that I want to explore a career but I need a little advice as to where to look. Anyone that works in cigars out there that knows how I can get in? :thumbs:

Work for a B&M...talk to cigar reps..ask questions...you never know! Best of luck bro.

-Aaron

First off, you must denounce the Longhorns

Yep, if you want to work in a local B&M, that is. If you don't have a family you may be interested in a sales rep position - and if you don't mind traveling constantly.

Hello fellow puffers.....I am recently laid off and tired of the same old grind. I love cigars so much, I think that I want to explore a career but I need a little advice as to where to look. Anyone that works in cigars out there that knows how I can get in? :thumbs:

Try coming to some of the DFW Herfs & events - there are some well connected BOTLs around these parts. I think there is a Herf tonight @ C&B in Dallas. You'll get a chance to meet a great group of guys. Many of us get together on a semin regular basis at one of the local lounges, come on it won't hurt you to participate. ;)

Funny you should post this topic... I sell cigars in the northeast. When I expand into other territories, I may need people like you.

But that's a bit far off..

PM me some info on yourself. I know a lot of people in manufacturing. They may need someone.

First off, you must denounce the Longhorns

^^^ What he said.

Don't get pissy because we ruined all of SoCal's dreams for their pretty boy-who-got-pushed to get his third Title. Just because our star got it done doesn't mean you have to be bitter the rest of your days..... :rolleyes: :whistling: :laugh:
If you think a gimic offense defines your place in history, the heat must be really getting to you out there in the desert!

LOL, get home safely!

Geoff

Wow dont hate the horns cause you aint the horns...especially you aggies. And dont be mad all you socal condoms...your chance might come again to play the mighty horns....just kidding fellas!

If you would like to work at my local B&M, here are a couple of pointers that will undoubtedly gain you employment:

1) Mold is actually called plume, and it is good. People actually look for this in a cigar so just brush it off and smoke it.
2) When a customer is asking your advice on whether to get a Padron 1964 or a 1926, point them to the Rocky Patel Vintage. It's just as good and a lot cheaper.
3) Post a sign stating that due to the fragile nature of cigars, refunds are no longer being offered.
4) Confidently explain that the Olivas have been around for years growing tobaccos for Fuente and other top tier brands and have just recently come out with the Series O, G and V.
5) Practice saying "Pretty Good". It's the only answer you'll need to how each and every cigar in your shop smokes.

Master these few points and you'll soon be running the place. Good luck.

If you would like to work at my local B&M, here are a couple of pointers that will undoubtedly gain you employment:

1) Mold is actually called plume, and it is good. People actually look for this in a cigar so just brush it off and smoke it.
2) When a customer is asking your advice on whether to get a Padron 1964 or a 1926, point them to the Rocky Patel Vintage. It's just as good and a lot cheaper.
3) Post a sign stating that due to the fragile nature of cigars, refunds are no longer being offered.
4) Confidently explain that the Olivas have been around for years growing tobaccos for Fuente and other top tier brands and have just recently come out with the Series O, G and V.
5) Practice saying "Pretty Good". It's the only answer you'll need to how each and every cigar in your shop smokes.

6) "Rocky is a good friend of mine."
7) Always sell the house blend. It blows everything else away and you can't keep them in stock.
8) When scheduling a tasting, get the supplier to supply as much stuff for free as is humanly possible.
9) You have the best source for Cuban cigars. Everyone else's are fakes.
10) Pinar 3000s are really made with pre-embargo Cuban tobacco. The crumpled little paper says so.

Wow dont hate the horns cause you aint the horns...especially you aggies. And dont be mad all you socal condoms...your chance might come again to play the mighty horns....just kidding fellas!

I do believe sir, that you have lost two years running.

2006: Aggies: 12 Longhorns: 7
2007: Aggies: 38 Longhorns: 30

As the say... "Close but no Cigar." :laugh:

Gig Em Ags!

:sign: :sign:

Wow, number 4 was kind of a harsh. ;)

To clarify, there are two Oliva's. Oliva Cigar and Oliva Tobacco. Oliva Tobacco actually does sell tobacco to Fuente. Oliva Cigar is manufacturer of the O, G, and V. ;)

Wow, number 4 was kind of a harsh. ;)

To clarify, there are two Oliva's. Oliva Cigar and Oliva Tobacco. Oliva Tobacco actually does sell tobacco to Fuente. Oliva Cigar is manufacturer of the O, G, and V. ;)

Yup, that was the joke :p

If you're recently laid off - you should seriously look for an occupation that offers a future... With the way smoking bans and taxation are gaining traction - it's likely there will be few places (if any) to purchase cigars in the not too distant future. I'm afraid cigars are slowly headed the way of $1.00 a gallon gas. :(

If you're recently laid off - you should seriously look for an occupation that offers a future... With the way smoking bans and taxation are gaining traction - it's likely there will be few places (if any) to purchase cigars in the not too distant future. I'm afraid cigars are slowly headed the way of $1.00 a gallon gas. :(

BLASPHEME!!!!

BLASPHEME!!!!

I know - it sucks - but it is what it is... :(

My local B&M just opened a "Diamond Crown" lounge. At the grand opening I had a great time talking with Eric Newman. He spoke at length about some of his conversations with politicians on the subject of smoking bans and particularly taxation. Let's just say - Eric is calling the new cigar lounge, "an oasis in a desert".

Think about that...

Do you think this will "thin out the herd" so to speak, George? If that's the case, it may not be such a bad thing. But I see states that are even banning smoking in cigar stores. That simply sucks.