• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar City Brewing

Thanks for the tip. :thumbs: I'm going to check out the tasting room on the way to class one night.

Thanks for the tip. :thumbs: I'm going to check out the tasting room on the way to class one night.

Let us know if you'd be willing to ship some boxes out to some brothers.

I'll check back in with a report after I'm able to drop by. I'll be happy to ship, I'll just need some advice on the materials and methods.

How about GROUP TRIP...there's a nice establishment nearby named "Mos Venus." Perhaps you've heard of it? :thumbs:

How about GROUP TRIP...there's a nice establishment nearby named "Mos Venus." Perhaps you've heard of it? :thumbs:

I was talking about a trip over to the brewery with a classmate and he advised that the proprietor of Cigar City Brewing is the son of the Mons Venus owner.

I was able to stop by the brewery on Monday and picked up a 32oz. bottle of their Maduro Brown Ale (Espresso).

031.jpg

The brewery is located in part of a small metal warehouse complex. A simple operation; the tasting room was railed off to the left with plenty of seating to sit back and watch the brewing/bottling process at work. There were 4 or 5 guys working the line that day bottling/labeling/packing an order on to a pallet. It was mid-90's outside, but surprisingly with the overhead doors open the heat inside the building was tolerable. A man, I believed to be the owner, came over and offered my friend and I a run down of the available line-up and brought over small plastic cups of 3 to 4 oz. of our choices. I sampled the beer I would end up taking home. $3 for the glass/ $7 for the fill. If I remember correctly a fill is $4 on their standard selection.

I haven't half the beer knowledge of most of you posting in this forum, but I can tell you what I like and I liked this beer. We ended up leaving for King Corona (enjoyed a Short Story and St. Bernadus on tap) after the one sample, only because they seemed so busy that there wasn't a chance to discuss the line-up. The environment is more condusive to a grab & go than hanging out, but will be a nice set-up for a special event.

I ended up opening the bottle yesterday and continued to enjoy. My only complaint is the espresso which I really enjoyed in the smaller sample size seemed a bit overpowering for a full pint. The flavor is wonderful; just a little too much to enjoy a second glass.

Nice! Thanks for the run-down. Sounds like a place I should swing by on my next trip to the Gulf Coast. 32oz. bottles? Whoa...that's a healthy take out size. Bigger than a bomber, but not quite a growler.