• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Crystals for your Humidors

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
I'm thinking about stocking the humidifier jar crystals in the CP Store:

HUMI-CARE_02.jpg

Might be a great addition to a coolidor. Maybe put two in a coolidor?

Here's the description:

The safe and convenient way to maintain constant humidity of 68-72%. Specially-formulated crystals contain a humidity-balancing solution of propylene glycol.

* Slow, Steady Release of Constant Humidity of 65-70%
* Lasts 1-2 Months on Each Refill
* Regulates humiditiy for up to 300 Cigars
* 4 oz. Jar
* Just add distilled water and it's ready to use

Let me know what you guys think. The one we sell right now is good for 150 cigars. This new one is more powerful.

Thanks for the feedback!

Pros and cons,

Con
The same stuff can be bought at the local Lowes in bulk(cheap) and adjusted with PG to desired RH.

Pro
It can be used in conjunction with beads to good effect(NOT mixed together, of course)

You put some dry beads in your humi with the gel and in ensures steady RH until beads saturate and then just dry the beads and re-use them. The advantage is longer time between fooling with it for long term storage(aging).

Have you though about becoming a vendor of heartfelt beads, as well as "The Puck"? They are great products

Same kind of stuff I use in all my coolerdors. Works great.

The same stuff can be bought at the local Lowes in bulk(cheap) and adjusted with PG to desired RH.

Don't want to step on anyones toes, but I have a couple questions on this product too.
What would they be called at lowes, what department, and about how much are they? I've looked into this product, but I've just been using my beads. I love my beads, but would like to know just for future referance.

Don't want to step on anyones toes, but I have a couple questions on this product too.
What would they be called at lowes, what department, and about how much are they? I've looked into this product, but I've just been using my beads. I love my beads, but would like to know just for future referance.

The gel crystals come in a bulk bag. It will most likely be sold in the nursery section as it is a soil additive used to retain moisture in potting soil in dry climates. The best place to buy them is on EBAY.

The gel crystals come in a bulk bag. It will most likely be sold in the nursery section as it is a soil additive used to retain moisture in potting soil in dry climates. The best place to buy them is on EBAY.
:0 I had no idea that you can use those.
Here's a link to some I found on Lowes.com, are these the same?
Lowes crystals

Looks like it's the same thing to me. I'll have to check those out more. Thanks for the info.