• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Dossier?

Rumblin

For Christmas, my in-laws loaded me up with a bunch of cigar gear (for which I am eternally grateful), and one of the more unique (at least in my mind) things I got was a Cigar Dossier. I'd never even heard of the idea, but it seems to make sense after I thought about it; I've always just jotted down notes about scotches and cigars that I've tried and liked on random sheets of paper which are in a big pile in my nightstand, so at the very least this is a way to organize that.

That being said, I'm not exactly the best when it comes to using things like this (read: my palm pilot is currently gathering dust on my desk), so I wanted to ask for some advice from people who have a Dossier or Notebook or whatever, about what information, notes, etc. that they find helpful to write down and go back and look at later.

I want to make sure I use this and I'm looking for any advice that anyone has about how to best make it worth-while and user friendly.

I have been doing this for some time, although I must admit that lately I have been slacking off on the upkeep of my dossier. I used to remove the band from the cigar and glue it at the top of the page that contained the notes that I would take on the cigar. I usually would just down many of the characteristics of the cigar that I liked and what my overall impression was.

I have a PDF page that I downloaded from somewhere (can't remember where) that I use. I could e-mail it to you if you'd like.

On a related note, is it a leather type journal or a binder? I've been looking for something to replace my gray plastic 3-ring that's a little classier, but I don't want to lose all of my current notes. I'd really like a rustic looking leather binder if I could find one.

Actually, it's a bound book, with pages giving the type of information you're supposed to put in there, all of which seems like something that I'll do once or twice and then stop.

I'm trying to figure out a skeleton of that I can use.

It sounds like a good idea. I use an Excel sheet to keep track of my inventory. I created a similar page with reviews or notes of most cigars I've smoked.

Here's a template I downloaded from somewhere and used for the first few months when I started smoking, but have now abandoned. Now I'm smoking too many to keep track.
It was helpfull at the start of this hobby.

CIGAR BAND (paste here):

Cigar Name:

Manufacturer:

Country of Origin:

Length:

Ring Gauge:

Cost: $

Where purchased:

Wrapper Color:

Wrapper Type:

Binder:

Filler: