• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Family is down

Looks like CF had some kind of drive/server failure. I'm told they are working on getting it back online.

I hope they had backups....

Hey all! Finally decided to register here. Hopefully CF will be back up and running again. Take care

~Fireant

A weekend without CF is like, well, boring. Although there is no need to worry about a select few stirring the pot.

This is not the introduction forum.

Hey all! Finally decided to register here. Hopefully CF will be back up and running again. Take care

~Fireant

A weekend without CF is like, well, boring. Although there is no need to worry about a select few stirring the pot.

Who me! I would never stir the Pot. I just jump right in the middle of it and get it over with.... :rolleyes:
Your right though Crash. The CF high Jinks and blow outs become an addiction after awhile....Hate to say it but I even miss the never ending bad fart jokes from our favorite stinky fart master over there... :whistling:

From what Moki says we might all be starting with Newbie numbers.. That will be interesting... Wont be able to tell the FOGS from the Noobs..

And to all you Cigarpass Fogs and the like.(Rod) Thanks for being the polite group that you are and putting up with the interuption for a few days..

Unfortunately, our two servers were victims of an catastrophic attack that destroyed wiped everything out. We are continuing to work to recover our site. While our main site, www.cigarfamily.com, has been restored, we're still working on our Cigar Lounge Online Forum. Three million posted messages and a couple million Smoke Signals comprise gigabytes of data that are taking a while to restore.

During the past 8 years, Cigar Family has not been down for more than 30 minutes. We are very upset that this attack occurred and we sincerely appreciate your patience as we work to restore the site.

Thanks,
Drew Newman

Unfortunately, our two servers were victims of an catastrophic attack that destroyed wiped everything out. We are continuing to work to recover our site. While our main site, www.cigarfamily.com, has been restored, we're still working on our Cigar Lounge Online Forum. Three million posted messages and a couple million Smoke Signals comprise gigabytes of data that are taking a while to restore.

During the past 8 years, Cigar Family has not been down for more than 30 minutes. We are very upset that this attack occurred and we sincerely appreciate your patience as we work to restore the site.

Thanks,
Drew Newman

Attack as in someone exploited a hole in the server, and maliciously destroyed the site? That's brutal. I hope you catch the bastards... what was the nature of the attack?

Exploits like these are why I'd never run Windows as a server platform, but since I don't know the nature of the attack, that may be jumping the gun a bit.

Thanks,
Drew Newman

I was wondering what was happening over at CF.... that sucks!

At this point, we're still trying to sort out what occurred and are focused on getting everything securely restored. Once we're fully back online and everything is settled, I am sure we'll explain what we know about the attack.

Thanks again for your patience,
Drew

At this point, we're still trying to sort out what occurred and are focused on getting everything securely restored. Once we're fully back online and everything is settled, I am sure we'll explain what we know about the attack.

Drew

Roger that. Recovery first, forensics later. I'd be glad to help if I can, Drew, but it sounds like you have the situation well under control. Thanks for your efforts!

Hi Josh,

Nice to see you here! I hope CF gets back up soon. Great lunch Friday. I hope you guys did OK on the Saturday herf at Elk River.

Joe

Drew

Thanks for all the effort. I hope you get back online soon and also catch the bastids!

Wow

That would be a shame if the data were lost. I always liked checking back through my traders comments and remembering past hijinks!!!! ANd, of course, it had to happen right as the Blue Collar Blind Cigar tasting was just getting underway!!!

:angry:

That is some serious stuff there. Hope all gets resolved and sorted out.

It would auto-purge sm0kinmamma's 7 hundred million smoke signals she's never deleted.

I hope you guys get up and running again soon. I don't really post over there, but I like to read from time to time.

What kind of a malicious twerp wipes out a cigar site? Bunch of savages...

:angry: