• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Handbook

hex1848

I have published a new online Cigar Handbook and would like your feedback on the content. Please take a look at the URL below and let me know what you think. I will be added new content and pictures as time permits.

Cigar Handbook

Thank you for your time.

Miguel Gonzalez
Founder
Camino Viejo Tabacos.

hex1848 said:
"Cigars kept at 70% RH and 70° F offer the best smoking experience. Tobacco burns smoothly and tastes the best when kept with in this range. A dry cigar burns fast and has a harsh flavor. A damp cigar will be hard to keep lit and can grow mold while in storage."
Your site looks to be very informative. But why does everyone on the board suggest 65% when this statement is praising 70%?

cvmfour said:
hex1848 said:
"Cigars kept at 70% RH and 70° F offer the best smoking experience. Tobacco burns smoothly and tastes the best when kept with in this range. A dry cigar burns fast and has a harsh flavor. A damp cigar will be hard to keep lit and can grow mold while in storage."
Your site looks to be very informative. But why does everyone on the board suggest 65% when this statement is praising 70%?
%70 has been parroted for decades. Many people swear by %70. And many people here prefer %65. Some say ta-mah-toe... some say toe-ma-toe. Many lighter cigars actually taste better at %70.

Emo

Miguel, very nice Handbook, good information for all to use.

70%RH is considered the nominal setting for proper humidification of cigars.
So use it as a starting point to adjust your humidity levels to where you prefer, ie plus or minus 5%

Very informative site you got there.
As for the RH% it mostly depends on your preference.
I believe that the stogies are fine between 65%rh to about 75%rh.

Thank you for the support! Are there any other topics you guys would like to see me cover?