• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Hygrometer Question

JohnnyK

Reaction score
Hi all!

I just have a quick question. I bought a new humidor which comes with a front mounted, analog hygrometer. Unfortunately, my nephew was playing with the spring at the back and it broke, so I am looking to find a replacement.

The problem, however, is that I can't seem to find one at all. According to the best of my measurement, the hygrometer is 1 3/8" in diameter, and the hole in the humidor is slightly less than 1 3/8".

Has anyone seen a hygrometer this size? The ones I found online are all 1 3/4", and I don't think that would fit...

By the way, this is my humidor:
http://www.neptunecigar.com/pr/30_cigar_du...op_humidor.aspx

Thank you very much!
John

Hi all!

I just have a quick question. I bought a new humidor which comes with a front mounted, analog hygrometer. Unfortunately, my nephew was playing with the spring at the back and it broke, so I am looking to find a replacement.

The problem, however, is that I can't seem to find one at all. According to the best of my measurement, the hygrometer is 1 3/8" in diameter, and the hole in the humidor is slightly less than 1 3/8".

Has anyone seen a hygrometer this size? The ones I found online are all 1 3/4", and I don't think that would fit...

By the way, this is my humidor:
http://www.neptunecigar.com/pr/30_cigar_du...op_humidor.aspx

Thank you very much!
John

Chances are the analog hydro that your nephew broke probably didn't work all that well to begin with (meaning the %RH could have been off without you knowing.) My suggestion would be to forget about replacing it, leave it in as a decoration, and purchase yourself a digital hydro like this one. If you are dead set on replacing the analog I unfortunately cannot be of much help there! Sorry.

P.S. Take a gander over here and introduce yourself to the rest of the guys here at CP!

Chances are the analog hydro that your nephew broke probably didn't work all that well to begin with (meaning the %RH could have been off without you knowing.) My suggestion would be to forget about replacing it, leave it in as a decoration, and purchase yourself a digital hydro like this one. If you are dead set on replacing the analog I unfortunately cannot be of much help there! Sorry.

P.S. Take a gander over here and introduce yourself to the rest of the guys here at CP!

Hello!

Just wrote an introduction post there. =)

Okay, thank you! I guess I will do that then!!