• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Magazines

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
What's your favorite Cigar Magazine? I subscribe to Cigar Aficianado. Aside from all the ad's, I enjoy reading it.

I enjoy reading SMOKE and CA but not if I have to pay for them. I give SMOKE a slight edge. So many shops give away older issues, and they put a lot of stuff on their internet sites as well. I like magazines in general, though. The newsletters I have gotten (Bahia Breif, CF's one) are pretty useless, but I do like to get mail as well...
- RAF

I do agree cigar AFICIANADO if you can get by the adds and the fact you can't afford 1/8 of what they are reviewing and discussing most of the time is a good magazine. I have not tried Smoke yet maybe I will give them a try.

I used to subscribe to both cA and Smoke. When cA changed their format and relegated cigars to the back of the magazine I canceled my subscription. I've always liked the reviews in Smoke better than in cA. Anybody every taste pencil lead in their cigars? The best IMHO was CIgarNexis on the net. The information and reviews were excellent. Sorry to see it going into hiatis.

I get CA and Smoke, they make for good bathroom material. LOL I also enjoy reading the European Cigar Cult Journal, when I can get a hold of one. I've missed the last couple of issues though.

I pick CA over Smoke because they write more articles about cigars, factories and topics that are of my interest. Smoke also rates cigars that I would probobly never smoke, or have smoked and don't care for. I also have a subscription to Cigar Insider a newsletter put out by CA, this is in my opinion the most informative piece on cigars written today. As for putting the cigar ratings in the back, I love it! I like having the best for last when I am reading it from cover to cover. My &#360.02

I stopped subscribing to all magazines a few years ago when I found I could read an entire issue of PC Mag on the web before it even arrived in the mail.  CA and Smoke put enough of their content online, also.  I like reading JR's catalog, it's always good for a few laughs. Thompson's catalog is also good in its own way: as a reminder to not believe everything you read....

I was just curious to see what was the first "reachable" post in the Cigar Discussion.

I read cA and keep them. I grab Smoke when I can.

How about everyone else?

Smoke is my favorite. The reviews are much better than CA's. I do get both magizines plus Cigar magazine as well. All have worthy content and are enjoyable reads. But Smokes ratings seem to fit my tastes best.

Rod said:
What's your favorite Cigar Magazine? I subscribe to Cigar Aficianado. Aside from all the ad's, I enjoy reading it.
[snapback]119[/snapback]​

I like CA, and sometimes enjoy the ads. They point out cigars I've never heard of.

inflatus said:
I was just curious to see what was the first "reachable" post in the Cigar Discussion.

I read cA and keep them. I grab Smoke when I can.

How about everyone else?
[snapback]199894[/snapback]​

Did you build a time machine this weekend inflatus?
Just curious else you found in 2001 :p

I like Cigar Insider since I like to do most of my reading online anyway. I like the CA website too. But I like what I learn from all of you better.

Savage112 said:
inflatus said:

I read cA and keep them.  I grab Smoke when I can.

How about everyone else?
[snapback]199894[/snapback]​

Did you build a time machine this weekend inflatus?
Just curious else you found in 2001 :p
[snapback]199950[/snapback]​

Yeah the machine stopped a couple more times. ;)

CA ought to be renamed watch afficianado, it is terrible.I much prefer Cigar magazine but it only comes out 4 times a year.Smoke is also pretty good.

I get CA, Smoke, Cigar Magazine, and the Cigar Insider. I like the 100 point system for rating in CA and CI, but don't necessarily agree with their ratings. Seem to be based on advertising $$$$ to me. I do enjoy the Conn. Corner ratings of vintage cigars as well as Suckling's cigar diary. I like CI based on the articles. They are concise and to point for the most part. Also like vertical tastings.

I enjoy Smoke for the articles, but don't like their ratings as much. I outright dislike Cigar Magazine. The rating system is crap and it is primarily an advertising tool for JR/Altadis.

Just my 0.02.