• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Mold

That close to the foot, I'd just kill it with fire.

I'd just light it properly.. having fire touch the stick will make it worse. Plus we're talking about a 5VG... just toast it and move on, lesson learned.

What's up next Eli? Something not from CI I hope? 😛

Water spot. More noticeable on Connecticut wrappers. Just smoke it. If green is a problem, candelas are out for you.
Green isn't a problem for me, its just a novice noticing things and making sure it isn't a pro lem.
I have no grudge against the color green 😀
Yeah, here's an "inside look" so you can see it closer and out of It's cello:

View attachment 58980

Started creeping out to the boxes too... ALL 3!

View attachment 58981
Wow. Mold spreads fast. Hard to believe it can spread so far from one cigar. In cellophane!

Don’t knock 5 Vegas to hard. I have a pretty sweet 50 count humi from them.

I'd just light it properly.. having fire touch the stick will make it worse. Plus we're talking about a 5VG... just toast it and move on, lesson learned.

What's up next Eli? Something not from CI I hope? 😛
I've bought quite a bit from cigar.com from the sprint sales and a couple daily deals. Also, tried another site I found.

I haven't been posting my latest purchases or smokes lately. I've been busy.

Have a Nub sampler, a pack from Drew Estate, can't remeber which. Some CAO Flatheads, 5 pack sampler from Montecriso, Deisel Whiskey Row.

Went a little nuts. I'll need some time to smoke them so I have some room. 😀🤣

Don’t knock 5 Vegas to hard. I have a pretty sweet 50 count humi from them.
Look here. Smoke em if ya got em! I recently bought a three pack of Coheebee DC's from a freakin vape shop in Peoria, IL. Yup, they weren't really from the "mother land" but they smoked ok(after the first inch or two, and enough liquor). My point is, smoke it. If ya like it, keep it in your humi. If it sucks, send it to @CigarStone . :cool:.

Floyd T

Look here. Smoke em if ya got em! I recently bought a three pack of Coheebee DC's from a freakin vape shop in Peoria, IL. Yup, they weren't really from the "mother land" but they smoked ok(after the first inch or two, and enough liquor). My point is, smoke it. If ya like it, keep it in your humi. If it sucks, send it to @CigarStone . :cool:.

Floyd T
Is the first inch what you call it?

Floyd T
They suck but the humi is cool.

Very early on, when I knew much less my humi consisted of something that would barely hold 15-20 cigars if that. Came with the puck that had the plant foam or whatever it’s called in it.

A couple weeks in I went and opened it up and to my horror, saw mold. The green fuzzy type. You know this mold when you see it. And that green water spot ain’t it. I chucked everything that had that mold, made a tupperdore with beads, and segregated everything else in there. Had no problems after that.

I even went so far as to dry out the small humi, lightly sand the inside with a very fine grit paper, vacuum it all out and reseason, again with beads. No issues after that in there either.

I've bought quite a bit from cigar.com from the sprint sales and a couple daily deals. Also, tried another site I found.

Cigar.com and CI are the same. Same with cigarbid. All owned by General with Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) owning General. With General operating out of Bethlehem, PA... which is a town you'll see on many shipping labels. 1 out of every 5 handmade cigars sold in U.S. comes from them. They own almost 250 brands.. Room 101 being the latest acquisition.

They're hard to escape.

Cigar.com and CI are the same. Same with cigarbid. All owned by General with Scandinavian Tobacco Group (STG) owning General. With General operating out of Bethlehem, PA... which is a town you'll see on many shipping labels. 1 out of every 5 handmade cigars sold in U.S. comes from them. They own almost 250 brands.. Room 101 being the latest acquisition.

They're hard to escape.
That makes sense. All the packing website design, etc, are all so similar. I was thinking they were probably owned by the same people/group. That confirms my suspicions.

Sounds like they have it made with those statistics!

Yeah, here's an "inside look" so you can see it closer and out of It's cello:

View attachment 58980

Started creeping out to the boxes too... ALL 3!

View attachment 58981
Either where you bought those has the humidity too high or you do. I’d check with a solid, reliable, well rated digital hygrometer. You could still salvage those, very likely. Toss the boxes. Remove from cello, wipe sticks down with clean dry cloth dabbed in some colloidal silver. Let dry and then place back in humi.

Either where you bought those has the humidity too high or you do. I’d check with a solid, reliable, well rated digital hygrometer. You could still salvage those, very likely. Toss the boxes. Remove from cello, wipe sticks down with clean dry cloth dabbed in some colloidal silver. Let dry and then place back in humi.

They were all in different coolers.. Govee has low of 64% and high of 68%. No other boxes were affected. I'm a good customer, retailer took them back and issued in-store credit. Which kinda works just fine as Mr. @JoeGibs turned me on to a special at CI where I got 60 of them (sans boxes) for around $5 a pop.

So I'm definitely good on them for awhile. That's really one of the issues though in buying a box and putting it right down for an aging nap. I don't want to break factory shrinkwrap and seals, so it’s a small gamble to take sometimes.

They were all in different coolers.. Govee has low of 64% and high of 68%. No other boxes were affected. I'm a good customer, retailer took them back and issued in-store credit. Which kinda works just fine as Mr. @JoeGibs turned me on to a special at CI where I got 60 of them (sans boxes) for around $5 a pop.

So I'm definitely good on them for awhile. That's really one of the issues though in buying a box and putting it right down for an aging nap. I don't want to break factory shrinkwrap and seals, so it’s a small gamble to take sometimes.
I think lacquered boxes with the inside done as well, doesn't let the cigars breathe at all... also same for Tubos. This can an does cause mold spotting. Notice I said... "I think"... no facts to support that statement. JMO.

I think lacquered boxes with the inside done as well, doesn't let the cigars breathe at all... also same for Tubos. This can an does cause mold spotting. Notice I said... "I think"... no facts to support that statement. JMO.

I typically put them down still sealed for about 6 months. I find whether online, or especially B&Ms, they're just too wet initially for my tastes. I actually keep them in there to let the box wood take in some of the humidity very slowly.. and to not let them intermingle with other sticks until they're "there". If that makes sense.

Then they get to be free and sort of broken down to where I want what. I came to find out with those Cohibas, they didn't have shrinkwrap and normally do. These came in a plain white cardboard box.. no markings at all. And that Macassar wood is so damn shiny, I noticed a bunch of fingerprints on the inside lid. They had been taken out of factory wrap and definitely handled. I'm thinking I got returns that were already like that.

But talked with retailer, even though it had been awhile, we still worked out a deal to return them. But yeah, for long-term aging, I doubt you'd want to keep them choked off that long. Part of the fun is allowing some of them to marry and rotating.. especially when you find something you totally forgot about. It's like finding a $50 bill in a pair of jeans you haven't worn in a while!

Some think it's a natural process of aging and a good thing.. whereas the crystallization of the sugars and oils in the leaf have somehow matured. I don't buy that and don't believe it adds anything to the cigar. Light mold that is discovered after lightning will impart a musty flavor to the smoke. The dankness you can smell and taste upon entering a basement or cellar.

forpc.onl minecraft pocket edition pc

Last edited:
Some think it's a natural process of aging and a good thing.. whereas the crystallization of the sugars and oils in the leaf have somehow matured. I don't buy that and don't believe it adds anything to the cigar. Light mold that is discovered after lightning will impart a musty flavor to the smoke. The dankness you can smell and taste upon entering a basement or cellar.

Yup, that's what I wrote... anything to add, a link probably?

Nice introduction!👍