• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Monster - Famous Nic 3000 Torpedos!

mostholycerebus

Ok, bad news, I was just outbid on some cheap buy great cigars on C-Bid. Good news, Famous put their Famous Nic 3000's in Robusto for sale up on Cigar Monster! Under $29 shipped for 20 Robustos. Love the Double Robustos, and the torps keep getting better, this is exactly the size I wanted to pick up next. Wish I had the money and room for another 40!

Edited above to reflect new sale. I know most of us already check Cigar Monster every day, but IMO these were/are exceptionally good sales members should check out if they don't regularly. Usually CM posts odd sizes, second or third tier brands, with a few gems like these. :thumbs:

Man, that's a nice deal. I smoke the hell out of the presidentes. I wish these were a normal 5X50 robusto, though. This is a deal I'll have to sleep on. :)

Man I got a bundle of these I don’t want. Taste like ass imo, you guys can have em if u want em.

I've been getting the Monster notices for a while, but this is the first one I hit.

Here's some info from my buddy Kevin7 on CigarSmokers.com on these cigars. Thought it was interesting.

"Oliva made a cigar for Eddie Ortega called serieX. Fuente being the douchebags they are sued EO over the use of the X on the cigar band since they think they invented the letter X for the opusx. Ortega couldn't fight it and gave up on serieX. Oliva struck a deal with Famous Smoke shop to sell the serieX in a unbanded bundle called Famous Nic 3000. I still have some serieX banded cigars and have smoked enough of these to know, The shapes and ring guage were kind of unique to serieX.

They sold out a long time ago and Famous Smoke shop has Oliva make more Nic3000 in large batches on 2 more occasions."

Everyone's impression seemed pretty good on these so I also pulled the trigger.

Actually it was the OR of these that the guys were going ape over. The subsequent 3 releases have been getting less and less in quality and taste.

Here's some info from my buddy Kevin7 on CigarSmokers.com on these cigars. Thought it was interesting.

"Oliva made a cigar for Eddie Ortega called serieX. Fuente being the douchebags they are sued EO over the use of the X on the cigar band since they think they invented the letter X for the opusx. Ortega couldn't fight it and gave up on serieX. Oliva struck a deal with Famous Smoke shop to sell the serieX in a unbanded bundle called Famous Nic 3000. I still have some serieX banded cigars and have smoked enough of these to know, The shapes and ring guage were kind of unique to serieX.

They sold out a long time ago and Famous Smoke shop has Oliva make more Nic3000 in large batches on 2 more occasions."

Everyone's impression seemed pretty good on these so I also pulled the trigger.

I have been known to own a bundle or two of these, 6x60. It is true the blend has been changing but for the price and with a bit of aging they are are steal at the give away price. They will not replace the Tats, but for a change up, they are not bad. Do let them sit and age correctly for a better smoke. Enjoy!! :thumbs:

Age is very important to the new batch. I bought some of the second batch, the 6x60, which had been in the warehouse some months before they sold out again. Smoked GREAT, heavenly. Then I got another bundle, the replenishment batch, torps this time, came to me with just a few days in the warehouse. Tasted like ass, bitter. After 4-5 months, they are finally really tasting good.

But, hey, if anyone else has a few they no longer want, i'd be more than glad to trade for them. :thumbs:

On the Monster again! In torp size, $35 for 20, free shipping! Though personally, i've tried the robusto, torp and double robusto, and I like the torp size the least. Not bad with 5 months on them though.