• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pass Insurance

Yeah not a bad idea, or just split the cigars amongst the active members who are also CPI members by some methodology. Using USPS/whateve insurance will probably be useless though, I have never heard of them approving a payout for cigars.

Who says they need to know they're cigars? Aren't we most concerned if a box gets lost?

As long as the cigars are packaged inside of a durable Tupperware container, then the only risk we have is the entire box getting lost. The insurance should primarily be for lost packages, not damaged cigars. If cigars are getting damaged, then that's another issue that should be addressed (sounds like poor packing).

Can you insure the, uh... "collectible bands" wrapped around worthless tobacco, ala fleabay?

My question is, however often have we had to dip into the CPI stash? If the answer is very rarely (as it should be), then perhaps the time has come to do away with CPI. Perhaps it would make more sense to insure the pass with real insurance from USPS, FedEX or UPS. It's really not that much more, and you can certainly require that all of your pass participants insure the pass up to the value you set.

My recommendation is to do away with it. Feel free to run a contest for the remaining CPI balance; perhaps those who have been here for at least 5 years AND have put into CPI. Just a thought...
Yeah not a bad idea, or just split the cigars amongst the active members who are also CPI members by some methodology.
Why weren't these two ideas added? I know you don't want to make your poll 10 items long, but there are a lot more of us in favor of doing away with CPI then trying too figure out some way to keep it (as seen in responses in this thread) so I would think that moreof the ideas posted would have been added instead of just "other".

What is exactly going on with this. I realize that life gets in the way but the initial reason that all of this was brought up was due to your inactivity on the board. It shouldn't take more than a few hours to break up the cigars and supplies and list them auction style so we can supply Rod with money to run the show. We're going on 7 months since you've made any statement towards this topic in this thead and the majority have spoken on how we would like the cigars , suppies, and monies dispersed from CPI. With the current inventories of passes that have been going on for years, CPI would have done nothing as far as replacing a pass that something might have happened to. My personal opinion is that this needs to be cleared up ASAP. As you have been caretaker for these things for so long, I would imagine that the cigars have been well taken care of and all should be in fine smoking condition. If not, then when they are grouped together, it needs to be noted that some may be cracked, dried out, etc, which I certainly hope isn't the case since cedar trays and beads have been part of things sent to you in order to maintain the cigars in a good way.. I just feel that since the decision has been made by the members to liquidate the holdings and send Rod the proceeds to help run the site, that this needs to be taken care of in a more timely manner than it is right now. We know you don't agree with the masses, but the masses outnumber you and you need to get the ball rolling on this particular issue so we can do lie the majority feels is the best way to go and that is to liquidate the holdings and supply Rod with some much needed cushion to be able to pay for upgrades and things of that nature because you feel things are fine the way they are.

IMPO everything in the inventory should be in good condition because you took it upon yourself to make sure that the CPI holdings were well taken care of. I also feel that this needs to be handled in a relatively timely manner at this point and not when it just suits you. Don't offer to let someone else handle the dispersement either because of the pressure coming off of getting this done. You have been in charge of this for years, then disappeared for quite some time so this should be something that you handle with dignity and without losing your cool over someone question what is going on with this. There has been ample time since the voting has taken place, so I'm not quite sure why you haven't done anything in the way of following the suggestions of the board as a whole.

Btian

Rod's been trying to get an answer out of him for awhile...up to about 9 days ago. The lack of response (you see, I ran into the same thing a few pages back about the 2 years it took me just to get my name on the list for CPI, after he had the package for years). He needs to clean this up, and execute the board's (and Rod's) wishes. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath on it happening quickly.

What's the status of this? We need to move forward with a plan, as members' cigars are being held. Thanks!

Been off the board for a while again. Have a lot going on in my life right now. I will liquidate the cigars via CP and forward the funds to Rod along with any cigars that don't sell. I will also sell the igloodor and a large cedar tray. I don't plan on digging into this project until the kids go on spring break.

Thanks to everyone who commented or voted.

-E

Just checking on status of this...

Rod's been trying to get an answer out of him for awhile...up to about 9 days ago. The lack of response (you see, I ran into the same thing a few pages back about the 2 years it took me just to get my name on the list for CPI, after he had the package for years). He needs to clean this up, and execute the board's (and Rod's) wishes. Unfortunately, I'm not holding my breath on it happening quickly.

What's the status of this? We need to move forward with a plan, as members' cigars are being held. Thanks!

Been off the board for a while again. Have a lot going on in my life right now. I will liquidate the cigars via CP and forward the funds to Rod along with any cigars that don't sell. I will also sell the igloodor and a large cedar tray. I don't plan on digging into this project until the kids go on spring break.

Thanks to everyone who commented or voted.

-E

Just checking on status of this...

It's the lack of any type of response from him that frustrates me.....

These are CP's holding's, not his. He's the caretaker. Now that it's been determined what to do, no one can find him and this is something that needs to be taken care of.

Guys...does he live close to someone?...so we can have another member pick it up and proceed with the liquidation, I didn't see an address in his profile. He hasn't signed on the forum in over 2 months and it sounded like he has his hands full with his family and such.

He was nice enough to keep it this long, let's give him a hand in ending this on a high note.

Just a thought....

I think the only way this is going to get resolved is for Rod to contact Emodx. I agree that the cigars need to be shipped or handed over to someone else ASAP.

I think the only way this is going to get resolved is for Rod to contact Emodx. I agree that the cigars need to be shipped or handed over to someone else ASAP.
This is what I wanted to say without my Wilkey-esque post! :laugh:

Guys...does he live close to someone?...so we can have another member pick it up and proceed with the liquidation, I didn't see an address in his profile. He hasn't signed on the forum in over 2 months and it sounded like he has his hands full with his family and such.

He was nice enough to keep it this long, let's give him a hand in ending this on a high note.

Just a thought....

If he is near someone who could help or they can be moved in the next couple of months, August is time for the QSH. There could be a live auction.

He's not responding to my emails unfortunately.

Gary had a decent suggestion. Anyone have a physical address...?? It would be nice to end this on a high note....Emo's not making that easy, unfortunately.

Here's a good one for the new folks to peruse! LINKY

Only the names have changed!

HearNoEvil.jpg

Rod - time for a certified letter, with signature confirmation, and "address correction requested".

This situation, right here, right now, is a damned shame. I sure feel for you brothers that are being kicked in the nads by a previously respected brother. I hope it's all a misunderstanding.

This situation, right here, right now, is a damned shame. I sure feel for you brothers that are being kicked in the nads by a previously respected brother. I hope it's all a misunderstanding.

I'm with you on this one.
I feel for the brothers involved.