• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Price Increases

Pugman1943

Having my afternoon stick at my B&M. Having known the owner for 7+ years he looks up and says " it's official ". Just got my update from General Cigar, Perdomo, My Father. Their prices are going to increase by about 3%. It is reasonable to expect this from most other manufacturers, more so because there is a large shortage of tobacco.

Price increases are bad but I would gladly give the extra 3% to the manufacturer vs what ever the govt is asking for in taxes At least the cigars I buy someone went through the effort of creating something I like. What is the benefit the tobacco tax provides for me or even the society in general ??

I have to agree with you Daniel, while I don't have the taste buds I wish, I do find enjoyment, being with the brothers, getting out of the house etc. And today, please tell me what isn't going up. My big hope is the the Fed's stay out of the tax game as you well know from being in NY even though you most likely shop elsewhere.

I have noticed that many of the hottest brands are in short supply at retailers (B&M and Oline).

@Pugman1943 there are yearly price increases around this time most years. Don’t be shocked. These happen regularly. Now last year I think that several manufacturers raised prices a few times but that was due to material and labor shortages which many industries experienced. Thank God cigars aren’t like plywood or lumber.

I have noticed that many of the hottest brands are in short supply at retailers (B&M and Oline).
Welcome to CigarP Ass! Head on over to the New Members forum and post an intro so we all get to know each other.

You are correct that many cigars are getting hard to come by -- some because of tobacco-related issues, and some because of issues further down the supply chain (boxes, bands, cello, etc).