• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pricing

Flankers

I was wondering where people get their pricing from for individual cigars?
It's been a topic of debate between a friend of mine and myself. If i were to sell some of my CC's then i would value them at what Marty's site has them priced at each. However my friend tends to value them at what a retailer would sell a CC for in my county (Canada) in which the price of one cigar, is very expensive due to their massive mark-up.
what do you all think?

I've always sold mine for what I paid for them. If I got a good deal I pass that on. If I paid above MSRP then for something then that's what I'd sell them for and let the buyer decide if it was worth it. If you paid Canadian prices for your cigars then I believe that is what you should charge. If you got them elsewhere for a cheaper price then that is what you should sell them for. Obviously here no one sells for profit, but off the board I guess that would be the individual's choice.

I was wondering where people get their pricing from for individual cigars?
It's been a topic of debate between a friend of mine and myself. If i were to sell some of my CC's then i would value them at what Marty's site has them priced at each. However my friend tends to value them at what a retailer would sell a CC for in my county (Canada) in which the price of one cigar, is very expensive due to their massive mark-up.
what do you all think?

If you're selling them you'd be alright with charging what you paid but if they're Canadian prices be sure to mention you bought them here and good luck moving any. ;) For the purpose of a pass, since people can get cigars from various sources and countries the value is usually set based on an agreed upon site(s) price list.

Mike

For singles I tend to take the box price and divide it by the number of smokes in the box.
I usually just google the brand/vitola and add the word 'box', then use the cheapest price per box.

But I'm usually a buyer, not a seller of cigars..

Chemyst :cool:

The first (and only so far) pass I was in followed the rule of taking the average box price from the cigarcyclopedia site (last I checked it was offline) and dividing that by the number of cigars per box. Going by the price you pay is fair, but given our taxes here you may have trouble finding a buyer.

To be honest, i wasnt really looking at it from the point of view of selling my cigars, though my post did make it seem like that. a friend of mine and me mad a bet for a cigar(s) of a certain price. when he lost a bet he gave me one cigar and quoted a price from some website here in canada that sells singles for like 45$. i thought it was rather lame, and just needed a second opinion. which i got thanks.

-a

....just because Casa Fuente sells Anejo #49's for $25.00, doesn't make them worth $25.00, if you see what I'm getting at.

To be honest, i wasnt really looking at it from the point of view of selling my cigars, though my post did make it seem like that. a friend of mine and me mad a bet for a cigar(s) of a certain price. when he lost a bet he gave me one cigar and quoted a price from some website here in canada that sells singles for like 45$. i thought it was rather lame, and just needed a second opinion. which i got thanks.

-a

Hope that he isn't a good "friend".

Hey there!

I think it really depends on your location. Cigars seem to be priced differently depending where you live. You might want to goto a few of your local tobaconnists and check out their prices. Online prices are usually a lot cheaper and can make a big difference. I hope that helps.

-gmewu99
http://cgarjourney.blogspot.com/

Hey there!

I think it really depends on your location. Cigars seem to be priced differently depending where you live. You might want to goto a few of your local tobaconnists and check out their prices. Online prices are usually a lot cheaper and can make a big difference. I hope that helps.

-gmewu99
http://cgarjourney.blogspot.com/