• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Pronunciation

David,

It is my pleasure to be of help and make a small, trivial contribution to the community. Call on me anytime you think I could add value.

Regards,

Marcos

I think everyone is pronouncing them wrong! I believe they are all pronounced, "MMMmmm...." and also make sure that is accompanied by a slight drool action! :p

Some more.... help please

Jose Seija
Chiselito
Noellas
Virtuso
Savinelli Liga Especial
Aurora

Jose Seija
Chiselito
Noellas
Virtuso
Savinelli Liga Especial
Aurora

Ho-say Say-ha
Chees-ay-lee-to
No-ay-jas
Veer-too-so
Sa-veen-l-e (not spanish) Lee-ga
Ow-rora

edit- to fix

Noellas - No-ay-jas - No eh lass (watch those extra "y"s! :))

Virtuso? I'm not saying it's not... but it seems like a misspelling of Virtuoso. If the former, yep, it's Veer-too-so, if the later, then it'd be more like Veer-too-oh-so.

Savinelli Liga Especial - Sa-veen-l-e (not spanish) Lee-ga - Right, not spanish; Italian surname. Sa-veen-eh-lee Lee-gah ess-peciAL

Marcos

Jose Seija
Chiselito
Noellas
Virtuso
Savinelli Liga Especial
Aurora

Ho-say Say-ha
Chees-ay-lee-to
No-ay-jas
Veer-too-so
Sa-veen-l-e (not spanish) Lee-ga
Ow-rora

edit- to fix

Noellas - No-ay-jas - No eh lass (watch those extra "y"s! :))

Virtuso? I'm not saying it's not... but it seems like a misspelling of Virtuoso. If the former, yep, it's Veer-too-so, if the later, then it'd be more like Veer-too-oh-so.

Savinelli Liga Especial - Sa-veen-l-e (not spanish) Lee-ga - Right, not spanish; Italian surname. Sa-veen-eh-lee Lee-gah ess-peciAL

Marcos

I'm just going by what my wife tells me. Shes 100% colombian and I can't argue with her spanish. lol

Thanks guys. I will post them up when I have a moment. This will save me some embarrassment of mispronouncing the words at any B&M. Now I just got to pratice. I hope this helps some of the newer people that are starting cigars, in the future. Ill keep this post and keep adding when I see a new cigar, or word that i have no idea how to say. SO i thank you guys for your understanding. After all i am a deaf mofo. I need visual interpretation and this helps alot.

Thanks a million

David

I figured i would throw this out there since im a noob and I know ill get flogged for this..

What about Rockey Patell?

Is it self explanatory or not?

Just making sure, because i always thought CAO was pronounce chow...lol

Well thats always better than calling it "cow". You walking into a local B&M, "May I have 4 sticks of cow crillo please?", owner responds "sold out, go down two blocks on the right you can pick up as many cows you want, im sure they have many kinds of cows to suit your personal taste" :laugh:
:thumbs:

David

As a newb who couldn't learn Spanish after 4 different try's at it, I say Thanks!

*chuckles* I try to learn something new everyday ... and I get all of that with an EXTRA helping also ... many thanks to David, Marcos and everyone else for this very "enlightening" topic.