• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar question Fratello

TexEagle

So I bought this cigar and it can be mild if you light from one end and full from the other end. Called a vice versa. Isn’t the wrapper and tobacco the same? How can it be either or? Makes zero sense to me as to how the construction goes. I know yall will have some wisdom for me. Is this the dumbest stick ever made? IMG_0521.jpegObviously I light the full end but🤷🏼‍♂️

So I bought this cigar and it can be mild if you light from one end and full from the other end. Called a vice versa. Isn’t the wrapper and tobacco the same? How can it be either or? Makes zero sense to me as to how the construction goes. I know yall will have some wisdom for me. Is this the dumbest stick ever made? View attachment 74143Obviously I light the full end but🤷🏼‍♂️
Only thing I can really think of is that there is more ligero used on the full end and milder tobacco on the low end -- sort of a double blend. However, that would be strange if it is all long filler, which it most likely is. I'd look for some reviews that discuss it and maybe give more detail.

What he said. ^^^^^^^

It's just another novelty gimmick stick. Kind of like DE's Egg. Or Oliva's Nubs (marketed as just the "sweet spot" of a cigar).

Nick's point makes me wonder.. to be officially considered "long-filler", does it need to be a certain length.. or take up a certain amount of the cigars vitola?

Never really thought if there's a definitive requirement versus being short-fill.. hmmm. 🤔

Anyway, how was it @TexEagle? Could you definitely tell the cutoff of the full?

A quick skip through Teh Googlez and this is the most informative thing I could find:

"The Fratello Vice Versa is the companies 9th-anniversary blend that made its debut at PCA 2022 and is exclusive to retailers that attended PCA. This cigar is highly complex being a blend that was triple capped at both ends, letting the consumer choose whether they want to being smoking from the Mild and Creamy or Strong and Spicy portion.
This cigar is highly limited with only 1,000 boxes of 12 being produced.
The composition of the cigar is a Habano Ecuador HVA Wrapper, Indonesian Binder and a blend of Pennsylvania, Nicaragua Esteli and Nicaragua Condega filler tobaccos.
"

So, it's not intended to be anything mass-market, and they know it's a novelty. I read another blurb that says, "You decide what your first puffs are like". So, it may be uniform long-fill with short-fill accents at the ends, if you will. Really interesting; I'd love to know your take on it.

It was a brainstorm by Kevin from Cigar Props and Omar from Fratelo.