• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Quote: Who said it? How's it go?

Brickhouse

J.C. Newman owes me royalties.
So a friend of mine has a CNC machine and wants to make me a cigar quote sign for my bar area. He did one for himself that turned out nicely, see pic. He asked what I'd like on it and I immediately thought of a quote I've seen somewhere...maybe here. But for the life of me I can't find it or who said it. I was certain it was a Bill Murray quote, but again, I can't find the supporting data on that.

I was hoping maybe someone here might be able to help me out. It might have even been in someone's signature here or something. I may not have the quote exactly right, but I believe it's something like:

"The only thing better than smoking a great cigar, is giving one to a friend"

Does this ring a bell to anyone? Any help here? I did tons of searching and googling. I'm at a dead end. I've always said this quote to people when they ask me about smoking great cigars, and I've always attributed it to Bill Murray. But hell, I don't know anymore.....maybe it's just something I've always said. But it sounds too well stated for something I would come up with, haha!

If you don't know, and would rather just drop your favorite cigar quote, that'd be fine by me as well.....but please state who the quote is from. If I can't find/verify the one I said, then maybe I'll go with another quote.

Twain.jpg

It's in my signature or maybe you're looking for a shorter one.

I've seen that one, and it is possible that I've morphed that one into what I said I thought the quote was. I just really thought there was a quote that directly stated that giving one to a friend was better than smoking one yourself.

I do like the last part of that quote though, and it is on my list.

I pulled it out of the CA article, a LONG time ago - Bill Murray CA article

"And you know what? Bringing cigars to the golf course is a part of that. Because people bring various levels of performance anxiety to the golf course and one of the things having smokes around says is that, this experience is gonna be a lotta things but not something so serious that you can't smoke a cigar. I love just sharing cigars. I don't have to smoke 'em so much to enjoy 'em. I've been giving the prop guy on the shoot some of my Cuban stash, and he just gets ecstatic. My favorite cigar is whichever one my friend is smoking, because I'll always say, 'I got some cigars. Which one would you like to smoke?' And he'll choose the one he'd like to smoke. And that's my thing — to me, it's something you do with someone. To me, it's not important that I smoke a cigar so long as someone does."

BFree already posted the full context, but what about going with:

-Brickhouse

😁

I pulled it out of the CA article, a LONG time ago - Bill Murray CA article

"And you know what? Bringing cigars to the golf course is a part of that. Because people bring various levels of performance anxiety to the golf course and one of the things having smokes around says is that, this experience is gonna be a lotta things but not something so serious that you can't smoke a cigar. I love just sharing cigars. I don't have to smoke 'em so much to enjoy 'em. I've been giving the prop guy on the shoot some of my Cuban stash, and he just gets ecstatic. My favorite cigar is whichever one my friend is smoking, because I'll always say, 'I got some cigars. Which one would you like to smoke?' And he'll choose the one he'd like to smoke. And that's my thing — to me, it's something you do with someone. To me, it's not important that I smoke a cigar so long as someone does."

Thanks for putting the entire clip in there, I think I've seen this.....or maybe you posted it a long time ago and I probably just summarized it and over the years made it seem like the quote itself. That entire response gets at it.

BFree already posted the full context, but what about going with:

-Brickhouse

😁

Right? Do I get to coin that phrase now?

I thought that quote was attributed to Avo Uvezian but then what do I know ..................

Another good one by MT

I smoke in moderation. Only one cigar at a time....
Mark Twain