• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar remnants in a pipe

Smokemorestressless

Hi guys, never smoked a pipe, but have my grandfather's pipe and tools available.

Has anyone taken the nubs of their cigar, diced it up, packed it in a pipe and smoked it? To an amateur it seems like a slow and controlled way to savor those ending flavors, without overheating lips or mouth and ruining the awesome smoking experience that is winding down.

Hi guys, never smoked a pipe, but have my grandfather's pipe and tools available.

Has anyone taken the nubs of their cigar, diced it up, packed it in a pipe and smoked it? To an amateur it seems like a slow and controlled way to savor those ending flavors, without overheating lips or mouth and ruining the awesome smoking experience that is winding down.
I have heard of some folks taking a new cigar and blending it with other pipe tabbaco to achieve a certain taste. But if I understand correctly cigar tabbaco is not very good through a pipe.

I don't think there is a wrong way to enjoy tobacco and some do smoke cigars in a pipe. If you're so inclined, try it and tell us your verdict.

Just for clarification do you mean the last bits of a cigar that has already been smoked? I would not recommend grinding up the nubs/butts and smoking them.

I have heard of some folks taking a new cigar and blending it with other pipe tabbaco to achieve a certain taste. But if I understand correctly cigar tabbaco is not very good through a pipe.

I don't think there is a wrong way to enjoy tobacco and some do smoke cigars in a pipe. If you're so inclined, try it and tell us your verdict.

Just for clarification do you mean the last bits of a cigar that has already been smoked? I would not recommend grinding up the nubs/butts and smoking them.
You can achieve the same flavor profile by smoking your favorite pipe tobacco, and occasionally licking out your cigar ashtray.😁