• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Role Model

DevilsMilk

8-5-8, 8-9-8, whatever it takes!
I am curious to find out just who everyone looks up too when it comes to cigars. It does not have to be someone from the board or a family member, they dont even have to be alive.

For instance I look up to Winston Churchill for as an Avid cigar smoker and all around great person. Even though I never met him if I had the chance to go back in time I would love to sit down with him and have a smoke. My other one would be Mark Twain for his cigar smoking and contribution to our literature.

Thanks,

Brad

Bill Clinton!

NOT

Just the average Joe Nobody... The construction worker, the doctor, the diplomat, the old lady down the street. We all enjoy cigars, it is what has brought this group together (for good or ill).

Fast4Dr said:
Just a good guy that enjoys the finer things in life
[snapback]246273[/snapback]​

Sounds good to me. Thank you.

Sounds like the three things to cap off a great night.

Great Smokes, Great libations, and great people them with.

gandolf565 said:
Bill Clinton!

NOT

Just the average Joe Nobody... The construction worker, the doctor, the diplomat, the old lady down the street. We all enjoy cigars, it is what has brought this group together (for good or ill).
[snapback]246272[/snapback]​

Amen!

And my cigar role model has to be my Grand dad. He introduced me to cigars when I was little, and he died so young (Black Lung, he was a PA coal miner) I never got to thank him.

Thats easy... my best friend Ted. He's been smoking now for a long while, is very helpful and understanding to this noob, and has unlimited resources to tap into whenever I have a question.

I get together with him nearly every Tuesday and have a great smoke and single malt scotch. The music, the company, and the talk is always incredible.

Nuff said,
Darren

Red Auerbach.

"The best way to forget ones self is to look at the world with attention and love."

Hmmm.. seems like he gets "it"...? ;)

It would have to be my grandfather as well,, even if he smoked the worst cigars (Travis Club Senators). He was always a man of conviction and a sort of subtle strength. I remember watching him on Sundays having a cigar or puffing on his pipe while he watched the game.

I am so happy I was able to sit and have a smoke with him before he passed.

I have to say all the folks here on Cigar Pass. Before I found this board, I thought you bought cigars at Walgreens.

gandolf565 said:
Bill Clinton!

NOT

[snapback]246272[/snapback]​

Beat me to it!!! I was gonna say Monica. :p

grand cru no 2 said:
It would have to be my grandfather as well,, even if he smoked the worst cigars (Travis Club Senators). He was always a man of conviction and a sort of subtle strength. I remember watching him on Sundays having a cigar or puffing on his pipe while he watched the game.

I am so happy I was able to sit and have a smoke with him before he passed.
[snapback]246317[/snapback]​

Nice story Ray....

Mine would have to be my father... He smoked HdM Maduro Maduro... never used a cutter.... would use his teeth, a poker or his Swiss Army knife. I usually go to his house at night and have a cigar with him and my brother. I am glad I can give him different cigars and he can enjoy different types with me... His new favorite is RP Edge Corojo.

Now he uses a cutter..... usually mine :laugh:

And the FOG here have taught me alot.....

That's why I call this place "home"

Joseph W. Dailey

Don't know who that is eh?

The man was the 5th Sergeant Major of the Marine Corps and gave me my first cigar as a Marine.