• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Samplers

brownnation

Looking for expertise advice from my esteemed officionados of this fine forum. From reading past posts, I've learned that most of you know what you like out of a cigar and have long since given up on samplers. I'm just starting to understand what kinds of cigars I like by trying different samplers. I'm at a point now where I want to fine tune my tastes and get some quality samplers without getting junk in there.

Any ideas how I can weed through the many different samplers online and figure out my best chance of getting only quality smokes in the mixed bag?

Thanks,

Brown

I would highly recomend the Newbie Sampler Trade here at CP.
You can find it in the Buy/Sell/Trade forum.

Good luck

-Rob

Research, by reading the reviews here.
Or, through experience, by trying them first hand.

Sorry guys. Tried to research it but I guess the post was in the wrong place. I'll get the hang of it, I apologize for the redundancy and I'll check the newbie info from now on before I post here.

Thanks for the welcomes seems like a really nice forum!

Brown

I agree with the above about tring out the newbie trade sampler. You get a great selection of quality cigars from our esteemed older members here. Well worth it in my opinion.

My other advise is to read up on reviews of cigars. Also if you have certain cigars you know you like look for others that are similar. As for samplers, a lot of sites offer "build your own" samplers. Those might be worth checking out as well. Most pre-package samplers are a mixed bag of good and bad. I've yet to have a sampler where I enjoy everything that was in it.

One other thing to consider is find a cigar store near you, and talk to them. Tell them what you like, and what characteristics you like in cigars. They can point you in the right direction. Also most good online cigar retailers have numbers you can call to talk to someone who can help you pick out a selection of smokes.

Do you have a local shop that you can visit?
Often times, the staff can steer you to different types of cigars. Most often, people start off with mild cigars and progressively move into stronger favors. When I started, I began with medium strength because I had been a regular cigarette smoker in the past. I guess starting with Padron or other premium cigars is an okay place to start, but I have had buddle cigars that are not half bad. In short, try a little bit of everything because you never know what will really “float your boat”.

I'll just reinforce it one more time... do a Newbie Sampler trade! You'll get some great sticks from some guy who has been around here a while and knows how to send a variety of really good stuff to you.
Enjoy your time here.

(Stay away from Thompson samplers!!)