• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Savor

gkpk

Has/Does anyone ever use these gadgets?
Sounds like an ok idea.
Anyone have any info on these?

incubimmer said:
gkpk said:
Has/Does anyone ever use these gadgets?
Sounds like an ok idea.
Anyone have any info on these?
never heard of it :0
Sure is nice to see that you're making a solid contribution to the board here.

If you're referring to the hard plastic cigar snuffer/storage - yes, I have one. I don't use it too often because the cigar IS a little more acrid after re-lighting - but when you simply don't have time to finish a good one.... it's worth while.

Dave
oh yeah, incubimmer: please start making some posts with CONTENT. 51 posts in 24 hours is just a bit too much

A partially smoked cigar is pretty bad. The cigar savor works well as a carrying case, but don't put half smoked cigars in it. If you don't have time to smoke the whole thing, just pitch it.

I concur with Matt.

Have one, rarely use it. I never intentionally light a cigar to partially smoke it...life is short, and there are lots of cigars :)

Thanks guys
There was one on e-bay i was thinking of bidding on for just $5.00 but i think i'm going to pass on it after your advice.
thanks

Matt R said:
A partially smoked cigar is pretty bad. The cigar savor works well as a carrying case, but don't put half smoked cigars in it. If you don't have time to smoke the whole thing, just pitch it.
I smoke 2 to 4 cigars a day, except on weekends when I smoke more than that. :) I prefer not to smoke a re-lit cigar, but I frequently do because I do not pay a lot of attention to what time it is when I reach for what turns out to be the last cigar of the evening. The first half inch or so after re-lighting is not the best, but once you burn an inch, it tastes pretty similar to the way it did the previous evening. I know, it's heresy, but I'm too cheap to pitch half of a cigar I may have paid ten bucks for.

As for the cigar savor, I do not own one, but I already have enough cigar paraphernalia to keep track of. Leaving a cigar in an ashtray overnight doesn't seem to hurt them, so I guess I will keep doing it. I know, I'm an outcast - story of my life. :sign:

If you are going to leave a cigar For more than an hour, make sure and purge the smoke b4 walking away.

Emo

I've used the cigar savior and I have to agree with MattR. The cigar just never taste the same to me even after going through various girations to bring it back to the original state. It always has that underline stale taste. My advice is to just smoke shorter i.e. AF short stories, Petites cigars and leave the longer sizes to when you have the time to enjoy them.

Just my .02

BenjieV :D

Makes sense Benjiev.
Long cigars when i have the time and shorties when i don't.
It's true i've relit a half-smoked cigar and it did have a different taste to it.
Thanks