• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar sickness

abdule

Hello everybody

I am a cigar novice and new to this forum. I started smoking this summer (1-2 cigars/week). I am not used to smoking anything before. Out of like 20 cigars, I had two bad experiences where, a few minutes after finishing my Cubans, I suffered from nausea, cold sweat and an accelerated heart beat, and once it lead to vomiting. Did anyone experience this? What happened to me? What is it related to, me or the cigars?

Too much nicotine in your system. I also have to ask if you were inhaling. If you were, then stop inhaling the smoke - pretty dangerous stuff. While there are some people who do inhale, the majority of cigar smokers do not.

Try to eat something before you smoke and have a sugared soft drink nearby while you are smoking. When you start to feel naseous, have a drink of it. You can also keep sugar cubes nearby as well and they will do the same thing.

Hope this helps and adds to your enjoyment of cigars!

Sam

well, as long as you follow jolly's adage of "never stab a person in the neck" then it should be okay.

just finish the cigar slowly, and follow sam's advice.

SamGuss said:
Too much nicotine in your system. I also have to ask if you were inhaling. If you were, then stop inhaling the smoke - pretty dangerous stuff. While there are some people who do inhale, the majority of cigar smokers do not.

Try to eat something before you smoke and have a sugared soft drink nearby while you are smoking. When you start to feel naseous, have a drink of it. You can also keep sugar cubes nearby as well and they will do the same thing.

Sam
Good advice Sam. But the only way to cure the problem once and for all is to smoke many more cigars. :) Once your body is used to the nicotine, then you will begin to suffer from the Stage 2 sickness: the inability to stop buying cigars! :p

Take care, Bacchus

BACCHUS said:
SamGuss said:

Sam
Good advice Sam. But the only way to cure the problem once and for all is to smoke many more cigars. :) Once your body is used to the nicotine, then you will begin to suffer from the Stage 2 sickness: the inability to stop buying cigars! :p

Take care, Bacchus
And when you get to that point, all I have to say is stay away from Cigarbid.com :sign: :sign: :sign:

yep it just takes practice as to how to be patient with a cigar and still not let it go out. keep smokin' bro and enjoy!

Typical rookie mistake. Smoking too fast and perhaps inhaling a bit. I've been there :( But once you get past that it's all good :D

BACCHUS said:
SamGuss said:

Sam

Take care, Bacchus
sounds good to me!

I have experienced this three times.

Once, when I started with a Montesino.
The other two with ISOMs this summer.

:thumbs:

Never had a ciagr that made me sick or even dizzy (dizzier than I normally am).
I have smoked too many cigars, one after the other, and nioctine actualluy "burned" my lips and tongue. Had to wait a day or two to light up again.
That sucks.....

:(

My suggestion is to never smoke another cigar. You should probably send me all of your cigars so you don't feel tempted to try again :sign: :sign:

Actually Sam is dead on. I have only felt a little sick a few times and it was mainly because I had an empty stomach. PRACTICE WILL MAKE PERFECT ...have fun practicing :thumbs:

I chunked at a herf once, but that was after six cigars during the night. I turned green and ran outside to the alley and did what i had to do. It was funny because people were walking by and saw me, and they practically ran to get inside!!