• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar smell

diapanos

Banned
Have any of you ever opened a box of cigars and just been slapped in the face with their smell?
Not a bad smell a delicious smell but ridiculously strong.

I ordered a box of E P Carrillos INCH Short Run 204 about a month ago and they were like that that.
I mean I opened the box and I was slapped in the face with this wonderful smell. Like wet hay, and barnyard and musky mustiness (but in a good way)
If I held the box at arm's length I could still smell it! Wow!

So...Does this actually mean anything or was it just a fluke?
Is it a good thing? Or does it not mean anything?

The cigars were delicious smokes if that helps

Yes, and both positive and negative. Either wonderful or ammonia.

Well it was a very good smell so I guess I lucked out.
If I bought another box I wonder if it'll smell like that too?

Everytime I open the Puff N Stuff MFLB box I get blasted with a wonderful raspberry smell.  They are not infused, but for some reason they smell like raspberries.

2nd box wasn't anywhere nearly as strong smelling and the 1st box has died down a lot.
They still smell great the smell just doesn't blow the top of my head off and leave me there salivating and grinning like a lunatic.

That olfactory blast is one of the bonuses of buying boxes of cigars.  Illusiones--even the San Andreas stuff--have this massive floral aroma when you open the box for the first time.  Montecristos usually smell like chocolate cake to me.  Fuentes smell cedary.

Ha! Reminds me of the cigar boom days of the mid to late 90's! They were shipping them as quick as they were rolling them. When you get a box, you have to let it sit for at least 6 months for it to be smokeable. The smelled like ammonia and tasted like lawn clippings! Certain brands were ready to smoke out of the box all others were green as grass!

MadMonk said:
Yes, and both positive and negative. Either wonderful or ammonia.

[SIZE=11pt]I used cigar all the time. Anytime I open the cigar box I get blasted with a wonderful smell.[/SIZE]

Ever since I unplugged my wine-adore and put it in the basement I've noticed my cigars smell A LOT better.
In fact the entire wine-adore smells fantastic.
I have to refrain from opening it and taking a whiff every time I'm in the basement.
I guess steady humidity and temperature have a big effect on how your cigars smell too!

edit:
They smoke a lot better too.