• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar sparks

Vikder

Last night my Partagas Black was sparking and poping during almost every draw. Now i've read before that this is due to beetle eggs bursting from the heat of the cherry, but this was from the newsgroups so i took it with a very large grain of salt. So i'm curious if anyone knows why a cigar would do this? Is it really beetle eggs?

Thanks,
Vic

you weren't trying to smoke a roman candle again were you? ;) :p

never had that problem. curious to here the answer.

Beetle eggs can make a popping sound, but I personally have not heard it. I doubt it would make a spark though.

The sparks could be pockets of oil on the wrapper flamming up.

shadow: this cigar was very, very toothy and looked like it had a very "dusty" appearance to it. I assume it was very close to blooming and the dusty stuff was the crystals starting to form. i suppose that would also support the oil pocket theory. Makes sense, just kinda freaky seeing a constantly sparking cigar. :)

Vic

Whoever rolled it may have had Rice Krispies for breakfast and you lucked out?

:p

Not sure, it could have been the eggs, but I've never heard them myself. Or the cigar just wasn't packed tight and you got one that had a lot of air pockets?

Interesting to hear what it actually could have been

The sparks are dried oils combusting. It is a sign that the tobacco inside has been aged. Like bloom on the outside, well this is the equivilent to bloom on the inside. So just sit back and enjoy it my brother.

Emo

Emo never stops amazing me with his usless cigar knowledge. :p

So you've got Bloom on the outside....

And

KaBLOOM on the inside

:lookup:

Thank you! I'm here all night!

So you've got Bloom on the outside....

And

KaBLOOM on the inside

Was that a "rimshot" I heard? LMAO! Very punny guy Bruddah Tony!

Aloha,

Wade

Your supposed to put ya sh*t in a frisby and clean out the stems and seeds first. Then once ya got a nice pile of leaf...... Oh! cigars.......... nevermind. :)

Wascal