• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Storage in Coolidor?

ricmac25

Token Cuban Guy
I've been keeping my cigars in baggies in the cooler. I was considering moving them over to boxes. Has anyone had a bad experience with storing different brands in the same box (ex. Cohiba and Bolivar). Does this do anything to their flavor? I don't really have enough of any one brand to have different boxes per brand. I mostly have a bunch of different singles.

Comments?

If it's for the long term.... I would keep any flavored cigars away from the others. For the rest of them, I keep my ISOM's away from other cigars. Maduro I put in plastic individual bags with the top cut off about an inch from the end or together in a bundle of the same cigars. It's not that I've had any problems with cigars "marrying" but I do like each once unique flavors.

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

If it's short term and they have cello on them then following what Monte said is good advice. My daily smokes I stick in one box so I don't have to dig. 3 or 4 of 4-6 different brands last just a few weeks and they aren't anything great to begin with. The better/good stuff I do keep seperate.

Let me add a little more info: I only keep my Habanos in the cooler. I have a humidor for my domestics. I was basically curious if there are any negative effects to having my Habanos sitting together.

I've never had a negative affect from keeping different ISOM's together. I keep them apart so they keep their taste identities.

LilCigarDude.gif
~Monte

Monte, you confuse me. You say you've never had negative effects from keeping them together, yet you keep them separate.

Why keep them apart unless there's a negative affect?

I bet if you had really discriminating tastes that you could tell the difference between a RASS that had been kept next to a bunch of RyJ Churchills for years and a RASS from the same box that had been kept next to only RASSes. I mean just be able to notice a difference.

But if you had no prior knowledge, I bet it would still taste and smell like a RASS maybe just from a different box.

Not worth worrying about.

I always try and keep a Cohiba or two in with any of my Havanas hoping it might improve their inferior flavor :D

Seriously though I doubt it makes any difference. My on deck humi has been bursting with a great variety of Havanas for a long time and I can't tell any difference from those or the ones I take straight from their boxes. I wouldn't worry about it.