• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar storage solution – compact & convenient

Cards&Gars

"Kellito"
BOTLs and SOTLs,

If you are like me … you are: Cheap, lazy, and an obsessive compulsive about “a place for everything and everything in its place.” It all needs to fit just right, conveniently located for easy retrieval. (This comes from years of living out of a rucksack.)

Bottom Line Up Front (BLUF) : I have found the perfect solution (for me) for cigar storage! I didn’t want a big coolidor…hell, where would an OC like me put it? Coolidors, unless you have the space, can be an eyesore and something you constantly have to worry about kids tripping over. I needed something that was not too big, could be moved with relative ease, could stored out of the way, and be stored in an area of my house that did not have huge temperature fluctuations. (like my hall closet) I have a nice humidor and it sits on my desk…but what about all my other cigars? I can’t display them all! And I don’t just want to put them in Tupperware or Ziplock bags. I have some wants:

1. I want to store my cigars in their original cigar boxes.
2. I want to store the cigar boxes in an environment much like a coolidor.
3. I want the environment to be odor free and airtight.
4. I want the convenience of storing my cigar boxes in a see through, shoe box sized container that I can easily move.

My solution:

The 8 quart, Lock & Lock made by Heritage Mint, Ltd. and sold at Target – MSRP $8.99. It can hold two boxes of cigars and have some space left over to put your humibeads. The unique locking system also makes it easier to seal and unseal without having to jostle the cigars around on the inside. (You know how sometimes you have to grab a Tupperware container in both hands to pull off the lid?...)

They are:
-100% airtight & waterproof
-100% odor proof
-Stain resistant
-Manufacturer’s lifetime warranty
-Microwave, Freezer & Dishwasher safe (I store most of my foods in the other sizes…especially for flour, rice, cereal, and leftovers…they are great!)

Internal Dimensions (inches): 10 ½ L x 8 ¼ W x 4 ¼ H

boxjl7.jpg

box2kc8.jpg

box3be3.jpg

Hope this works for you all!

G&G…Just tryin’ to contribute.

Kelly,

You just revealed one of the best kept secrets in compact cigar storage. I use Lock & Lock containers and I LOVE them! These are, IMO, by far the best "tupper-style" containers for cigars and boxes. I even use them for my herf-edor. :D

Well done, my friend.

Wilkey

This would be great to keep those stanky sticks separated out...excellent info brother!!

Over the hills and through the woods to Taaarget I go.... :laugh:

I use almost the exact same thing for my "ready to smoke" cigars... The ones I have are Snapware though, not Lock & Lock

That is the exact model I used for my pass...You'll see it soon enough, Kelly. That thing stank when I first got it though. I just washed it out with mild soap and hot water and let it air dry. I put a bowl of baking soda in over night and the smell has since vamoosed.....I also use the smaller one for my herf-ador...These things are the best things since sliced bread...

............ And I don’t just want to put them in Tupperware........

I'm pretty sure this qualifies as tupperware. ;)

AGHAST!!!!! You typed "tupperware" not "Tupperware!" ...YOU, my friend, are going to the fourth level of hell - reserved for all those "bad use of trademarked name" violators! You had better use a capital "T" next time, Mister!

...ok... yeah, you are right. It is more like a "tupperdore." But, ...hey... isn't it REALLY much more than that? I mean, it "snap locks"...and everything...

C&G... feeling like Robert Scott

Kelly,

You just revealed one of the best kept secrets in compact cigar storage. I use Lock & Lock containers and I LOVE them! These are, IMO, by far the best "tupper-style" containers for cigars and boxes. I even use them for my herf-edor. :D

Well done, my friend.

Wilkey

x2