• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Store Indian

golfgar

Bueller.... Bueller...... Anyone....... Anyone?
IMG_3424.PNG A very good friend of mine just purchased this at auction. Reported to be one of the oldest known to be in existence. He collects them and said it was $50,000+. edit: Just looked it up on the auction site and it appears the final bid was $66,000, wow.

Had to share as I plead ignorance on the subject but it looks unique.

https://auctions.bidsquare.com/view-auctions/catalog/id/2100/lot/720072

Last edited:
Local B&M is raffling their old one for $20 a ticket. Said they commissioned a new one for $1900.00

I was too chinchy to buy a raffle ticket, can't imagine dropping $50k on one.

I'm guessing there's an elaborate story about who carved it and who the statue represents? I'm starting to rethink my career choice, as I highly doubt I'll ever have "66k for a wooden statue kind of money." ;)

I'm guessing there's an elaborate story about who carved it and who the statue represents? I'm starting to rethink my career choice, as I highly doubt I'll ever have "66k for a wooden statue kind of money." ;)

Saving up for the million dollar Gurkha?

Genuine historical folk art has been "money club" territory for a few decades now. Once something catches on in those circles, you'll never afford it again. :eek:

Think Barrett-Jackson and muscle cars. I mean, FFS, ten years back they sold a fucking Chevelle SS for a million bucks. Sweet ride, sure, but only worth that because a couple billionaires both wanted it.

~Boar

Genuine historical folk art has been "money club" territory for a few decades now. Once something catches on in those circles, you'll never afford it again. :eek:

Think Barrett-Jackson and muscle cars. I mean, FFS, ten years back they sold a fucking Chevelle SS for a million bucks. Sweet ride, sure, but only worth that because a couple billionaires both wanted it.

~Boar

I hear ya! I had Barrett-Jackson on a few weeks ago and saw an older (60's-70's) Mercedes go for something like 6.3 million...
I'll just stick to teaching science and enjoy the simpler things in life ;)

That thing is certainly not "primitive" folk art. That's a fine carving, but I don't know about $66,000 fine.