• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Suggestions

JoeSummerlin

Hello Everyone,

I was hoping to get a few suggestions for a few sticks I could pick up on my next trip to the Cigar shop. Just to give everyone an idea so far the two I have liked the most that I've tried are the Gran Habano Connecticut #1 and the Montesino Robusto. I have tried a few other Cigars like a Montecristo and Macanudo 1968 but they both seemed to get a bit harsh. Well I look forward to any suggestions and I am willing to try them all if possible. Thanks ahead of time.....

Padron 2000 and 5000 are some of the greats, in my opinion anyway. Also you could try some of the Fuente's; short story, Chateau Fuente, they are entry level so to speak. Illlusione 88 is another great smoke, that isn't too expensive. I picked up a few Nub's the other day, as they were on sale at my local B&M and really liked them. Oliva V Maduro is another good one as well.

If you are looking for high end stuff, try Opus, Padron anniversary, Ashton VSG, Cohiba's. All great smokes

PS - If you haven't done so already, make your way over and introduce yourself. Make sure you start your stay here at CP on the right foot. Also, welcome to CP, from Columbus Ohio

I found a nice cigar the other day I would suggest it. Its the Te-Amo World Selection Series Honduras Blend Robusto. I ended up buying the box haha

Judging by what you have said you enjoy, I am assuming you prefer milder smokes. If the Mac '68 was too "harsh" I would bet it was too strong for your particular palate. I don't know what your B & M carries so I'll just throw a few of the milder to medium smokes out there for you.
1. Perdomo Champagne
2. Ashton
3. Ashton Aged Maduro
4. Ashton Cabinet
5. AVO
6. Casa Torano
7. CAO Gold
8. Oliva Serie G
9. Partagas (regular line not the blacks)

A lot of these were mainstays in my humidor when I smoked milder cigars and your B & M should carry some of them if he's 1/2 way decent for stock.

Jerry

I agree 1000% with the Padron 2000 that BMW suggested. When I first tried it I fell in love. Now in the process of ordering them as my first box. The Natural and Maduro are both good but i slightly prefer the Maduro. Welcome to the community

Oh yeah, Padrón 2000 all the way. :D I can't say this enough.

For a nice mild cigar I really enjoy the Carlos Torano Casa Torano.

Also I always keep these on hand to give to my friends that don't smoke much and wouldn't want a strong cigar.