• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar table

Jsanzone23

So I have been seeing other people making these cigar tables and thought it would be a fun project to try. I ended up getting a small table that I could either put out front next to the bench or out in the garage with me rather than a large table. Plus I dont think I could convince the wife to let me keep it in the living room. The table is unfinished already and ready to go. I think when I am done I will stain the rest of the table a dark cherry or paint it black. Any input or ideas would be great!!!

DSC00537.jpg

DSC00532.jpg

DSC00533.jpg

Looks like a fun project to me!

I'd go with the stain and a nice finish over just painting it black, it'll look better in my opinion.

Have fun though, thats the important part!

Looks like a great project. Keep us posted on the progress. :thumbs:

Drew

I need to start my project also. I tried something like this before with a flask and the spray adhesive sucked. I ended up getting some on my fingers and transfering it to already stuck on labels. What I might end up doing is taking a bunch of cigar pics, printing them and using that to cover my table. Then just poly the hell out of it to seal it.

So I have spent the last few hours working on this and listening to the hockey game with the front door open. I am going to find something else rather than the spray adhesive. Like Nocturnus said, this crap sticks to everything..My fingers are coated in this stuff..
DSC00543.jpg

DSC00541.jpg

Wow, what a great project. I would like to see that when it is done. Does anyone have any pics of a finished table they have constructed?

:laugh: Nope, I just like braggin! Ah, so it goes, you have a lot of time when you're out on IOD!

I saw a table a guy at my local did himself. After he applied the clear over the bands he put another layer of bands on the table, then cleared it again. He did this four times total. He made the first level of bands so they were all touching and the rest of the layers had many big gaps between them. This created a 3D affect where you could looks at it for a long time to see bands that were 3 and 4 levels down. It turned out really neat. He did a trial run on a tiny little table he got at a garage sale before he did his good table. He told me that the key is to find a clear that doesn't get the air bubbles.

Wow, what a great project. I would like to see that when it is done. Does anyone have any pics of a finished table they have constructed?

*** Check out the project that Souldog did, you'll get your tingle.

Nice project. My wife is on her second one as she goes to antique shops to pic up pieces. I have to post the finished one as I never thought it would have come out so good.

That is a good project idea. I might have to start saving bands and do something similar for a smoking table...

If the table's gonna be outside, make sure you seal it completely.
I made one out of a plywood top, thought I sealed it adequately... but the plys all split apart after a few rains.
Lost a lot of great bands. :(
I'm making another out of a lucite top and wrought iron stand.

Looking good so far, Can't wait till I've smoked enough to fill a table :thumbs: