• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigar Video

Nice video, you are quite beautiful, :love: I will look forward to future installments!

Nice to see the Woman smoker, and props on the video blog. Looks like a work in progress and I look forward to some tastings and reviews possibly?

Hmmm! I wonder what got Alex's attention? :rolleyes: :laugh: :whistling:

why all the blog ads all of a sudden, and why is she being treated different than the other guy advertising his blog? is it because she was a model lol.

i did not see her smoking a cigar, just talking about a few. good luck with the blog but you best know your stuff before you start talking cigars.

Good points.

I guess the other guy was a lot more blatant and he started out as a bit of a prick.

Wilkey

I guess the other guy was a lot more blatant and he started out as a bit of a prick.

He reacted to critism the wrong way after being called out for promotion on his second post. So the "prick" came out after he was called out. So there really isn't a difference here.

Bottom line, if someone is only here to promote themselves, then they don't need to be here. I think that's the basic rule that Rod is putting out.

Bottom line, if someone is only here to promote themselves, then they don't need to be here. I think that's the basic rule that Rod is putting out.

I don't presume to know Rods position and I don't want to step out on a line but:

Yup...

That "blog" was nothing more than a bunch of add banners, links to content on other sites, and a couple of "cigar" reviews. The wierdly uncomfortable "sexy" vid, a minute and a half long, with the cigars in the shirt (huh?) seemed to me to be nothing more than a way to generate hits. The content was very thin, while the adds were very thick. JM2C

I don't presume to know Rods position and I don't want to step out on a line but:

Yup...

That "blog" was nothing more than a bunch of add banners, links to content on other sites, and a couple of "cigar" reviews. The wierdly uncomfortable "sexy" vid, a minute and a half long, with the cigars in the shirt (huh?) seemed to me to be nothing more than a way to generate hits. The content was very thin, while the adds were very thick. JM2C

I'm all for promoting the cigar community as a whole, however I do have to say that I have seen more and more websites popping up lately - both blogs and forums. When you look deeper into all of these new sites, they share one similarity - google/yahoo ad's all over the site. We have definitely entered another cigar boom - I saw this coming back in 2004. As you know, I am not against promoting members' sites, or even sites which offer real/factual information on cigars. Take a look at Moki's site - vitoloas.net. That's one of the best informative cigar sites I've seen, and I have no problem with Moki promoting his site here. However, when someone joins CP only to promote their site/blog which in turn earns them money from google ads, that is what I am against. If the site really offers some serious information and they need to support the cost of operating such a site (due to the high amount of bandwidth used, kind of like we do here), then obviously they need some sort of income to support the cost of hosting such a site.

MaduroWoman's blog is hosted on a free site called blogspot.com/blogger.com - a Google company. It's a free service which allows anyone to create/maintain a blog, again, free of charge. I took a closer look at her site and found some interesting pictures. My conclusion of this site is that it's meant to lure people in, offer some cigar info, however the primary intent is to get those people to click on the many sponsors listed on the site.

I really don't want to see anyone who's not a true member of CP plugging their site, especially when it's sole purpose is to generate income for them. There's just not enough cigar substance to this blog in my opinion.

Greetings, I joined a while back and never completed my profile. My name is Breana Blaque. I am a cigar enthusiast here in Illinois. I recently got into doing cigar events and cigar parties here in Chicago via my company, Maduro Woman. I ran into Alex last night at Belicoso Cigar Lounge. It was a Kristoff Cigar Rolling event. Alex invited me over to Cigar Pass. So thanks for having me!
Well, look at her introduction, she clearly states My Company. So, there is no doubt, in my mind anyhow, that it's a plug.

Brian

As some have said, we generally bust balls on folks whose only contribution here is a link. You should hang around a bit, learn and contribute.