• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass.com - NEW SEARCH TOOL

Rod

Administrator
Staff member
Since most (if not all) CP members use the search tool so frequently, I decided to setup a search feature through Google. Google does a very good job at indexing our site. If you look up toward the top of the forum just below the banner ads, you'll see a form field - this is the new way to search on CP.

While I have no plans on disabling the built-in search feature (the one that comes with the forum software), I would like everyone to test out the new Google/CP search. You can search as little as 1 character! Using the new search method is A LOT easier on the server, and also returns accurate and fast results.

Enjoy the new tool! Can't wait to see which other cigar forum decides to rip off the idea. :D Seems to be the pattern lately. Then again, that's why we're the ORIGINAL. :thumbs:

This is indeed, a great idea, and a good use of the power of Google. I don't, however, see the new search tool.

Just now, my skin changed to the gold style, and I now have the search field. (well, not my skin)

While the google search is faster it doesn't allow for search ny user, which I use all the time nor can you limit the search time like you can with the built in feature among other things. I do like it but I have to vote against eliminating the built in search feature.

While the google search is faster it doesn't allow for search ny user, which I use all the time nor can you limit the search time like you can with the built in feature among other things. I do like it but I have to vote against eliminating the built in search feature.

Agreed!!

X2

Like any search, you can type in the users name along with your query. The board search is not going away. The google search is just an extension to the site, to make it more useful.

Agreed!!

X2

X3
Thanks for the addition Rod, very nice, but for reasons above, please do not rid us of the site search.

The Google search is super. I don't like the fact that it does not open in a new window/tab. But then again this board is not about what I like. I will use both search tools as long as they both are available.

Thanks

Tim

The only problem with it is that it may change your display mode to threaded or linear. You can easily change it back to standard, by clicking OPTIONS (top right of thread) and select STANDARD. Google will begin reindexing us under standard mode only, so this problem should go away soon. Just a heads up.

The only problem with it is that it may change your display mode to threaded or linear. You can easily change it back to standard, by clicking OPTIONS (top right of thread) and select STANDARD. Google will begin reindexing us under standard mode only, so this problem should go away soon. Just a heads up.

Is "Standard" display mode the only one available now? When I click on Options, Standard is the only option I see now. There used to be an option for Outline, or something like that.

Back