• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

CigarPass Culture, update, etc...

Rod thanks for not instituting the moderators at CP!

Everything old is new again, the respect issues has been debated many times over. If you have to ask for respect, you haven't earned it. Move on and be a productive member here. If the rules and how they are interpreted are not of your liking move on. If a member here gives you a gentle nudge in the rear take it as a wake up call that you may be overstepping your ground here. Nobody's perfect, but if more than a few people call you out then there may be a problem with your vision of things.

There was a CP before most of us got here and I'm sure they'll be one after WE'RE gone.

The post of the year! That's why you're the voice of reason Anthony. :thumbs:

I did change the last line though. :cool:

Members who have been part of CigarPass for at least the past few years have typically contributed and paid their dues… With that comes certain rewards and privileges not found in any other cigar community. Newer members who wish to join CP with the mindset of entitlement (seeking sources, privileged info, acting disrespectful, mouthing off, trying to change our culture or rules, etc) will have their membership revoked. Some of you guys clearly have an agenda to change the culture at CigarPass, and I won’t allow it to happen. Everyone plays a role in maintaining a friendly, safe community; however those who have been here long enough (aka FOGS) and fully understand why we do things the way we do obviously have a larger voice. I expect everyone to show respect to one another, and no one is to take it upon themselves to become the main moderator, or act as if this is their personal community.

Well said Rod.

I think this is something that neophytes running around demanding "respect" do not understand.

You're not owed respect; some modicum of politeness, perhaps, but even that thin veneer needs to be peeled off from time to time.

People who have been here a long time are and should be treated differently, in that they've proven their character over a long period of time. If you don't like that, or don't agree with that... sorry.

You're not who or what you think you are; you are who or what others think of you.

Well said Rod.

I think this is something that neophytes running around demanding "respect" do not understand.

You're not owed respect; some modicum of politeness, perhaps, but even that thin veneer needs to be peeled off from time to time.

Is that the thin veneer on a cheap humidor? Or more like the thin veneer on an IKEA end table...

People who have been here a long time are and should be treated differently, in that they've proven their character over a long period of time. If you don't like that, or don't agree with that... sorry.

You shouldn't apologize, Andrew. You've done nothing wrong... :sign:

You're not who or what you think you are; you are who or what others think of you.

I hope you don't mind, Andrew - I want to take the opportunity to amplify this a bit. If your only social skills revolving around arranging the keg stand or beer pong tourney - you probably should be looking at the bigger picture... ;)

I'm truly sorry if I've offended anyone with this post. I would hope you don't think I think you're a putz. I believe most putz's truly understand who they are and this message is directed at them - just not you...