• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars and Temp

Danforz

Good evening everyone,

I think everyone here agrees that high 70's (temperature) is an open invitation for beetles. But what about lower temperatures? How do cigars react at say 35F degrees Fahrenheit?

Daniel

As far as I know low temperatures are okay... Its just rapidly fluctuating temps that you need to morry about... Keep your sticks in an area that has a fairly regulated temp... even if it is low, just try and keep it fairly constant.

Lower temps=lower humidity. Make sure you are very ample with whatever humidification you would use to counteract the cold climate.

As far as I know low temperatures are okay... Its just rapidly fluctuating temps that you need to morry about... Keep your sticks in an area that has a fairly regulated temp... even if it is low, just try and keep it fairly constant.
Lower temps=lower humidity. Make sure you are very ample with whatever humidification you would use to counteract the cold climate.
Both these guys are right. Low temps aren't an issue as long as:

- The cigars don't change temperature rapidly. Well regulated temps are the key but low temps aren't an issue.
- Humidity is always a big deal. For long term storage, some guys like humidity in the 58-60% range but as always, humidity is a matter of personal preference. Key here is that much like temperatures, it needs to be well controlled and not swing quickly to any extremes.

Regards - B.B.S.

I agree. The cold will rob you of humidity.

and just to think, i was asking myself this question the other day. now i know the answer!

thanks for your informative help guys... many will appreciate this information! :D