• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars in the Coolerador in baggies?

Toaster

Puff Puff Pass v2.0 2004
I've seen a couple of pictures of peoples cooleradors around lately. I personally have 4 desktops and one 55qt coolerador...

Some of the pictures I've seen show the cigars in zip lock bags in the cooler, I try to keep my cigars loose in the cooler- It a cedar tray, or other cigar boxes, etc...

Is it a good idea to keep cigars in bags inside the cooler? I thought that would keep the humidified air from circulating around the cigars properly? ???

Just curious.

I would think that by keeping them in baggies would seirously slow down the aging process because they can't breathe. Keeping them in open air would cause them to age quicker. I keep everything in boxes in the fridgedoor.

Emo

emodx said:
I would think that by keeping them in baggies would seirously slow down the aging process because they can't breathe. Keeping them in open air would cause them to age quicker. I keep everything in boxes in the fridgedoor.

Emo
Maybe keep em' in unsealed baggies so the air can circulate?

I do that w/ my main humi.
some sticks are in the top tray and naked :sign:
the rest are in those small baggies, either opened, or w/ the tops cut off. that way they can breath, but not get damaged when I go searchin' for a stick or two.

same here. I just make sure the baggies are not sealed and plut them in the cooler.

I have the same practice. I cut the end off of the baggie to let the air circulate. I also cut the end of the cello in wrapped cigars to allow air in those also.

Much to do about nothing..... baggies are porous enough that your cigars get all the air they need. If you're concerned just leave the bag unsealed.

As for the air circulating around the cigars...... think about how the air circulates around the cigars in a box or cab.

Properly storing cigars is only as difficult as you want to make it. :)