• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars to Iraq

i think Gary is trying to say that Arlin is doing a major one, google arlin Liss to see what he does.
you can even search on here, Arlin posted something not to long ago that will give you a linky

edit: linky

Oh, trust me I looked at Arlin's majestic creations of "Wood Butchery" as he calls them. Never heard a wood worker refer to his creations as that. It is a shame Arlin is not continuing his artisian works! I would really like to impart upon him to build a humidor for my home in West Lake Hills, TX upon my retirement! Maybe I'll be able to coax him out of retirement at that time, for one last manipulation with Wood Butchery!

we try to include pillows in all the gars we ship from OpFTH but sometimes we dont have enough on hand to supply and ship without. But I have not heard any complaints.

If you want to be added to the opfth cigars shipping lists. pm me apo and stop shipping date .

people here can vouch for me and OpFTH and that we will take care of you :)

i also have some spanish cedar we have been cutting to make the ammo can humidors if you want a set or some let me know

Wood Butcher! I haven't heard that term used in many years. A lot of old world Cabinet Makers called themselves that, years ago. I come from a line of them.

A very nice gesture indeed!

I saw it on his profile "wood butcher trying to sell his wares" or something to that effect. Once I saw the wares, I almost had to go see the optometrist again! He just calls them wares. Isn't it always amazing the way a true craftsman describes his work. Sounded much like the German Brother of mine who built my 113ci. When I asked him what he had done to it, the response i got for 3 yrs was "you should have a lot of fun with that". He has no idea the connotations of that statement, when a motor built for the autobahn finds itself traversing the highways with 70 mph speed limits!

I kind of got my own answer to "wettest Cigars" to Iraq. Here a short time ago, I took part in a certain companies auction. As the awardee of said auction I became the recipient of said box of cigars. If you'll notice I'm not divulging any company names or cigar types as to not be accused or guilty of bashing any of the above, as I have received two great Samplers from said company before. However, said Auction result will have to sit in my mortardor for approx 3-6 months to recover to any stage of enjoyment due to their curent less than humid state. And even after that I'm concerned about the flavor.
Anyone have any experience, embarking on such an experiment? Rehumidifying cigars from the likeness of dried out Texas Coyote Turds?

As long as their not cracked I just let them sit in my humi for a few months. If they're really bad then I just put them in the back and forget about them for a year or so.

STL Boarder,
Thanks. No problem with bad flavor?
Had to stop one time in east ST Louie, was traveling west from NC to Fort Lost in the Woods, when I was almost blown off the road by three idiots in those euro cars that sound like drunk bumble bees in a beer can. Well I decided that wasn't going to happen and commenced to run them down on my harley. This would not be a bad decision, having ridden for 30 yrs+, however tuesday morning 3 am zigging and zagging through east ST Louie on a harley that gets 28 mpg when you're trying to ride it like a Hyabusa and have absolutely not a friggin clue where you're going isn't the smartest plan. Resulted in my stopping at a less than hospitable location and thankfully there was an older gentleman of the utmost character who drew me a strip map to the west side. Not that I think anyone would do such a thiing, but Gentleman that he was had to have made a call to someone because, you'll have to excuse this one! White Ass on a harley took the most direct route with a nod at each stop to check my map without the slightest indication of any harrassment by less than desirable looking locals. Quite hospitable place you have there, may have to stop back sometime.
That had nothing to do with cigars, but what the hell!!!

lol... yeah... I don't think riding your bike through east st louis is the smartest thing to do! I'm surprised you didn't get lost in a massive pot hole/crater in the middle of the road. lol Never to be seen again. You know... if that happened to me I don't think I would stop for directions... I'd probably keep moving as fast as I can in any direction until I hit farmland again.

What were you doing in Fort Lostinthewoods?

EDIT: Oh yeah... the reason for the thread... no I didn't have any flavor issues. Cigars are pretty resilient... as long as they are structurally compromised I haven't had any issues.

WOW, What a Day! I get to work, yes we do do that over here, not just waste everyone's tax dollars! Anyway, here's this big brown package! Didn't really think about, was getting briefed from the day shift guy, then it hit me "who the hell is that from", I didn't order anything that big? Bent down, checked the label, just about fell over ARLIN LISS! Just so happened two of my smoking buddies were standing right there, jokers must have known and been playing sneak and peak waiting for me to show up! We tore right into that package, anyone would have thought it was christmas! Well, for us it was! Once we unleashed the majestic Creation of "Wood Butchery" from the prison of stryfoam, shrink wrap and brown paper that Arlin had enslaved the poor thing in! We had to push it farther back onto the desk! Liberty, yeah that's his name was the only one able to speak, we heard a "WOW" I think I might have slobbered a "YEAH" while trying not to drool! Other guy couldn't say anything, not that that's not normal for him or anything! We just kinda looked back and forth until someone said "well open it"! By this time the Commander, First Sergeant and a few select others had gathered. they don't even know but couldn't say much either. What a collection of smokes!!!!! Well, anyone can guess what happened next, contrary to proper Gar etiquette there were six hands in the box, riffling through like kids in a candy store. "oh look at this, what's that, holy shit"! We each just kinda took one. Amazing, in a country where it's 113 degrees, the humidity on average is about 8% or at least has been for the last well, several weeks, this humidor has just flown half way around the world and we got smokes that aren't dried out like coyote turds in west Texas!! No need to tell what happened next, out the door, here comes the fire and three cavemen huffing and puffing!! Sweet heaven in the middle of hell!!!!!
Thanks to all! We have your names, will find your addresses, we are the most powerful army in the world!!!!

That is kick ass and Arlin that was very cool of you. His wares are definately something to behold, glad you guys were able to open a nice suprise that was stocked with some smokes to boot!

And that my Dear Fellow is a serious understatement!!! Now we weren't going to pull out the calculator or take of the boots of three ole crusty Sergeants with almost 57 yrs combined service and start counting, BUT the STASH had to be worth as much as Arlin would have undercharged for said "Wood Butchery" as he calls it! Or a damn close second!!!!

I must worn you! Becareful what you ask for and be prepared for an a$$ whoop'en! :(

You have nothing to worry about from OPFTH they are all great and all the shipments have been in great shape. It's been a great ride but I will be returning in about a month and will definitely return the favor after I am home!

we try to include pillows in all the gars we ship from OpFTH but sometimes we dont have enough on hand to supply and ship without. But I have not heard any complaints.

If you want to be added to the opfth cigars shipping lists. pm me apo and stop shipping date .

people here can vouch for me and OpFTH and that we will take care of you :)