• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigars to tell time?

AaronFromPA

So my fiance gets a new puppy...a real pee machine if you know what I mean. The thing is cute as heck but I thought tonight I would put it in it bedtime crate while I enjoyed a Rare Corojo (great cigar). Anyway she got home from work and says "hey how long has the dog been locked up?"

I in turn lifted my burning cigar nub held the finger of my other hand about 5 inches from the foot and said..."about this friggin long"

:sign:

She rolls her eyes and walks away. I felt this was a completely reasonable time estimate...women...who can understand them?

Nothing wrong with that, I heard that was how George Burns time his comedy routines.

women........

That my friend is quality.....all women need top understand how to time things by the amount of ash sitting on the nub of a cigar. :whistling:

You did the right thing! Plus, women don't tell time the same way us men do. :laugh:

Some women really don't understand men and their cigars. I had gone out a couple of times with a young lady recently, and we stopped by my apartment before going out a couple of weeks ago. I was going to grab a cigar, and she saw my two coolers of cigars. She made a comment about how it was "stupid to have that many cigars."

Needless to say, dinner didn't go too well, and I could forsee that things were simply not going to work out with this one. Oh well, at least I found out soon...

ALostTexan

AaronFromPA said:
I in turn lifted my burning cigar nub held the finger of my other hand about 5 inches from the foot and said..."about this friggin long"

[snapback]175706[/snapback]​

That is absolutely classic. :laugh: I guess I'm lucky in that my girlfriend would know exactly how long the dog had been in its crate. :) Besides, didn't someone once say that time is all relative?

AaronFromPA said:
So my fiance gets a new puppy...a real pee machine if you know what I mean. The thing is cute as heck but I thought tonight I would put it in it bedtime crate while I enjoyed a Rare Corojo (great cigar). Anyway she got home from work and says "hey how long has the dog been locked up?"

:sign:

She rolls her eyes and walks away. I felt this was a completely reasonable time estimate...women...who can understand them?
[snapback]175706[/snapback]​

Aaron, the proper response when you get married is "i am sorry dear, it is all my fault , or yes dear it is all my fault, or sorry honey, i won't let it happen again, i was wrong", notice the re-occuring theme here. i would have said that reply before we got married, now, different story...just some friendly BOTL advice :p ...take care...Rob

LC, i have been married since Jan '05, and believe me, it has been great. We were engaged for 1yr. and lived together for 2yrs (total 3yrs. together) How is the planning going? If you really want a feather in your cap, particpate in ALL the wedding decisions (photog, reception details, DJ, tip envelopes, writing out invitations and thank-you's) by all means, not the flowers though, let her and the maid of honor do that. just a little more advise from a recently married BOTL. Take care, and congraits! Rob

LC-Smoker said:
Taking notes......

wedding date: June 25, 2005.....
[snapback]175818[/snapback]​

Well thank you all I now feel justified in my usage :). LC congrats man my wedding will be on June 11th 2005. As for blaming everything on myself...I pretty much have that down already :p

:laugh: lmao!

best clock idea yet.
tell her yer saving $$ by not getting batteries and all time from now on will be in "cigar time"