• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cigartradingonline: opinions?

psyktek

Frugal Old Fart!
This website from Spain has a really good deal on two samplers: a 3-pack of Esplendidos and a 5-pack of Trini Fundadores
for $124USD. So far I've gotten 2 diametrically opposed opinions on this shop, both from ASC'ers that I really respect.

So I'm looking for a tie-breaker or two. This is the only Cuban dealer I've come across that actually states that they freeze their product before sales, so either this is come-on hype or they really are on the up and up. Headed up by a man that used to be, so they say, the head of Habanos SA Espana.

Fire away!

Psyktek

Go over to CigarFaimly and do a search for the name of that gentelman.

I tried to do the search myself, no luck. IMHO you can do better else where.

Personal opinion: If you don't know 100% about every Habanos vitola, don't order from him. I've heard good and bad also and when ever I hear bad, I tend to shy away.

Like Bruddah Matt... I've heard both positive and negative. I recall there was a thread on CW in which there were accusations being tossed out like crazy and on the same thread there were a bunch of supporters on behalf of CTO. I've never had any interest in them after that....

Wade

I also ditto the above comments.

I have never daelt with them but have heard enough bad stuff that I don't want to chance it.

I ditto the aboved ditto which has dittoed the above posts, which concur with other posts. :sign:

Get it.

Hmmmm very interesting some of our best ISOM experts are raising

RED FLAGS!!

Danger, Danger Will Smith be very carefull ;)

BenjieV :D

:thumbs: OK, got the sampler the other day, and it appears to be good as gold. Both slider- type boxes had both the white "Habanos" seal and the Republic of Cuba seal. The boxes had beautiful printing, as do the bands, no evidence of sloppy 'feathering' or anthing else you'd kind of expect with a counterfeit.

Finally, the sticks have that pungent 'barnyard' smell that I've come to associate with the other Cubans I've gotten.

FWIW, the final comments in the thread on ASC that I started on this described this company as a bait and switch kind of deal. Samplers and other small orders will be good, later on larger orders will have part of them as fakes. One guy received two boxs of Monte's with 8-12 fakes total.

So will Join in the general opinion and count myself lucky!

Psyktek