• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cincinnati/Kentucky Area

CigarAl

I am head to Cincy Monday and have time in thge afternoon and evening to check out the local spots.

I am staying neat the airport and will have a car.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Shops, lounges, restaurants????

Anyone available for a smoke.

Thanks in advance for the help!

If you're over near the airport, you might not want to go all the way into downtown just for a cigar.

Here's what Google turns up, which is showing me a couple shops I plan on checking out one day:

Cigar shops near CVG

I personally stop by (F) Straus Tobacconist every couple weeks on my regular trips to Lexington. It has a decent selection, friendly staff, and an area to sit and smoke your purchase.

If you go downtown, there is a very nice shop that you should check out:
Cinti Tobacconist
617 Vine St
Cincinnati, OH 45202
(513) 621-9932

To be honest, don't come here looking for any steals...they aren't easy to find. The B&M I frequent most is an exotic grocery store..they have a nice humi that doesn't mark up ANYTHING....I got a box of Anejo 55's for $7 a stick just a few months ago. But that place is wayyy across town for you.

Fortunately, if you're just looking for a place to smoke a cigar, you're in luck. Cincinnati is quite cigar friendly. Very few of the nicer bars have any restriction as far as smoking, and dirty looks are few and far between.

Good luck, and enjoy the Queen City!

I would suggest staying at Straus over on the KY side by the Florence Mall (Florence Ya'll for those who know the area). The tobacco tax is a little less on that side of the river, and they have a pretty good selection...

ALostTexan

Yep, that was the one I was referring to.
Not far at all from the airport.

Thanks for the help.

Actually I am staying in Florence so Straus' will def. be on the list.

JoeBob - thanks for all the info. I travel alot and just like to find the local places. While always looking for deals ;) i like to support the local B&M when in town. But I do stumble across deals too....

Thanks again

Check out the Martini Club downtown. It is quicker and easier to take the metro, but don't forget it closes down at 12. They have a nice walk-in and a great selection of the single malts and good ol' Kentuky Bourbon.

On second thought, check the internet to see if it is still there. It has been a few years since I lived there. But if it is, great cigars, great atmosphere, and beautiful women!

n

The B&M I frequent most is an exotic grocery store..they have a nice humi that doesn't mark up ANYTHING....I got a box of Anejo 55's for $7 a stick just a few months ago. But that place is wayyy across town for you.

Joebob - I live in Cincinnati too, are you talking about Jungle Jim's?

CigarAl - what did you end up finding/doing while you were here? The next time you come through, let me know, I am new to the forum since this post.

BTW, Havana Martini Club moved to the Carew Tower, where they used to be over by the Aronoff Center (theater where they have Broadway shows, etc), but Havana is definitely open - www.havanamartini.com

Matt

Yep, Jungle Jim's is my best-kept secret.
It doesn't have a huge selection, but the prices can't be beat.

I'll have to check out Havana.

I've heard great things about Jeff Ruby's, although I haven't had a chance to head out that way either.

I have eaten and smoked down at Ruby's downtown, and I know all of his restaurants are cigar friendly and offer 10-20 different sticks, as I recall.

Are you aware of any other BOTL in this area?

Matt

I met a guy from another cigar board named Mike.
Great guy, we've herfed at Jillian's and The Beer Seller.

Other than that, I'm a man alone out here in the Buckeye state.