• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cipher (DONE)

switters

Clinging to my guns!
One guess only. No edits. Winner gets a fiver from my humi. Good luck

20-31-9-19-10-21-13-31-30-14-16-31-9-14-27-23-20-28-30-33-18-32

20-31-9-19-10-21-13-31-30-14-16-31-9-14-27-23-20-28-30-33-18-32 = -438 = DCI

Did I win ???

I would if I knew how to add. It equals -439 :(

I tried ROT13 and came up blank. Can't figure out what they method is.

You've got a good one going here. I can't figure it out. I guess that the 9 is a space.

ok... Don't give any hints on this... I think I have the system worked out, I just need to play with cipher. Give me until lunch... Gotta go to work... Thanks for the code... I love them!

C&G... SNEAKERS

ok... Don't give any hints on this... I think I have the system worked out, I just need to play with cipher. Give me until lunch... Gotta go to work... Thanks for the code... I love them!

C&G... SNEAKERS

O.K. No hints. I will leave it up for a couple of days and if nobody figures it out I will either give some clues or do a different sort of contest.

OK... I have been working on this for two hours and I am coming up short. I am working under the assumption that this is a monome-dinome cipher (possibly a "straddling checkerboard"), if not, then I won't get it by lunch. There really is not enough "message" to conduct a useful frequency analysis or index of coincidence. That's the way the cipher doesn't crumble...

C&G...NOT a William Friedman. :(

After writing a code breaking program until midnight and running your cipher for 10 hours, my program has finally hacked the cipher.

The original code was:

LWAKBMEWVFHWAFHWAFSOLTVYJX

Addy is in profile. :rolleyes:

I struggled with this, for many of the same reasons as C&G did.. my guess is that the original alphabet is aligned with numbers.. and those numbers are multiplied by something and modded by another number..

e(x) = a(x) mod b

now.. figuring out the multiplier and the mod.. b might = 26 ?

OK... I have been working on this for two hours and I am coming up short. I am working under the assumption that this is a monome-dinome cipher (possibly a "straddling checkerboard"), if not, then I won't get it by lunch. There really is not enough "message" to conduct a useful frequency analysis or index of coincidence. That's the way the cipher doesn't crumble...

C&G...NOT a William Friedman. :(

WTF?!? ???