• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Cipher (DONE)

Wow! Way to go Bimmer! I started to try this one, and then I started to get a headache and decided someone else could do it. I'm OCD when it comes to contests, so I have to walk away from ones like this. You earned a prize on this one.

D

Congrats! Certainly one you had to work for.

Thanks for all the congrats, everyone.

How did you figure it out bimmer635csi??

Honestly, I was doing what jlada was talking about while he was passing. (Thanks for the opportunity!)

Basically backed up from 90, 89, 88 ... to 9 then solved by the chart.

I would have never figured it out without the hint though.

EDIT:
I did notice that there were 4 letters the same. I knew that T's and E's were common, so I tweaked the shuffle to a T first and that was no good, but the E in the repeat worked just dandy.

my dog sleeps in the closet

maybe?

We have a winner!!!

INCONCEIVABLE!

-You keep using that code. I do not think it means what you think it means.- :D

C&G... not as smart as I thunk I was.

He does. He used to sleep on a blanket on my couch. I decided he would be more out of the way if he slept in this little closet I have. I moved his blanket a few feet for about a week until it was in the closet. He has been sleeping in there for about 3 years now.

I solved it in just under a half hour.

My methology was to figure out the range, mode, median, standard deviation, and some other random factoids. I noticed the common reptetition of 31, which meant it was more than likely a common vowel (didn't help much). Also noted the +/- numbers between the number in sequence. This number allowed me to (generally) obtain the number of letters between the two letters I wanted.

I made two matrices in excel, and put in a formula for a +/- and pasted a few times. The final result cell was a HUGE formula to display the cells I wanted. Thank God Excel formula input allows clicks... would have taken forever to write.

I changed the simple +/- formula about 10 times. Ended up with some funky ass decoded strings until finally "my dog sleeps in the closet" appeared.

Bam solved.

Edit: Who's up for jlada's non-linear cryptography contest? *cricket sounds* ..... ya nevermind.

Edit2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_cryptography :D anyone?

I solved it in just under a half hour.

My methology was to figure out the range, mode, median, standard deviation, and some other random factoids. I noticed the common reptetition of 31, which meant it was more than likely a common vowel (didn't help much). Also noted the +/- numbers between the number in sequence. This number allowed me to (generally) obtain the number of letters between the two letters I wanted.

I made two matrices in excel, and put in a formula for a +/- and pasted a few times. The final result cell was a HUGE formula to display the cells I wanted. Thank God Excel formula input allows clicks... would have taken forever to write.

I changed the simple +/- formula about 10 times. Ended up with some funky ass decoded strings until finally "my dog sleeps in the closet" appeared.

Bam solved.

Edit: Who's up for jlada's non-linear cryptography contest? *cricket sounds* ..... ya nevermind.

Edit2: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Quantum_cryptography :D anyone?

Brilliant!! But for all the smarts, you should have edited one more time.......you mean methodology, right? All this made my head hurt anyways...........especially Kelly's jabber!

This post took me a half hour to write!!! :sign:

That's one complicated dog! ;)

While this was in no way asked for by me, I do appreciate the support:

Nicely done, guys. Winner should get more than a 5er, imho. ;)

And just so everyone knows, I received the prize today. All I can say is "WOW". switters has blown me away with the first contest I've won on this board. And to top it all off, there was more than a 5er in the box, so all is good in the world.

Again, thanks for the support (everyone), passing (by jlada), and the contest itself (switters). I am most humbled and have a lot to learn about starting contests, trades, and passes. I will read more, post less, and hope to make smart decisions.

Cheers,
Chris

Is this anything like The Bible Code? Whatever it was, it was a mile over my head. I'm going to go watch the Family Guy.