• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Clearing the Past

Sorry for the delay, I was drivin home. I'm on my BB now, so responses will still be delayed.

The answer is yes, Rod. I was coming back anyway.
The site is just proof that I'm dedicated to my business of 2 and a half years and my continued determination to make myself more transparent and more available. The daily deal is just a nod to the members of these cigar forums.

Am I the only one that doesn't buy this? If you wanted to come back and be part of this community you would've done it awhile ago. Instead you show up at the same time you launch a commercial website figuring you'll bag a bunch of customers. Only problem is you screwed up in the past and now need to clean it up. You still don't get it and something tells me you won't for some time.

I made my website as inconvenient as possible as far as "ordering" is concerned. I did not make this website to bag a bunch of customers, and that should be apparent. If that is your opinion, so be it. I could have easily made it a full blown website, with all products, a shopping cart, and credit card processing...but did I? No...ask yourself why.

Sorry for the delay, I was drivin home. I'm on my BB now, so responses will still be delayed.

The site is just proof that I'm dedicated to my business of 2 and a half years and my continued determination to make myself more transparent and more available. The daily deal is just a nod to the members of these cigar forums.

Am I the only one that doesn't buy this? If you wanted to come back and be part of this community you would've done it awhile ago. Instead you show up at the same time you launch a commercial website figuring you'll bag a bunch of customers. Only problem is you screwed up in the past and now need to clean it up. You still don't get it and something tells me you won't for some time.

I made my website as inconvenient as possible as far as "ordering" is concerned. I did not make this website to bag a bunch of customers, and that should be apparent. If that is your opinion, so be it. I could have easily made it a full blown website, with all products, a shopping cart, and credit card processing...but did I? No...ask yourself why.

Why?

...because it's not needed."Why is it not needed" you ask, because Im not here to be an online retailer. Again, if that's what I wanted to be, than I'd have a full blown website.

I am currently starting a new business venture. I am checking into the shopping cart/ taking credit card orders on the web. Its kind of spendy...
Not as simple as 123 either.

It was probably just easier for you to come on here and try to bag customers. Why do the work to make a full blown website when you can post a BS apology and try to worm your way into our good graces?

I am currently starting a new business venture. I am checking into the shopping cart/ taking credit card orders on the web. Its kind of spendy...
Not as simple as 123 either.

Not really. When you have the resources to do it, it's nothing at all. Web hosting is cheap. The merchant processing companies that people use for their retail shops usually have online processing too. It's easy integration. As far as developing the website...when you have family members that do it for a living, it's free. It would cost me almost nothing to pump out a bad ass website...

No. There's a Black Friday Toys R Us 4 am line of people who ain't buying this.

...because it's not needed."Why is it not needed" you ask, because Im not here to be an online retailer. Again, if that's what I wanted to be, than I'd have a full blown website.
If you are not trying to make money then why bother with a website at all? Look, retailer or participant. Which do you want to be. There is no real happy ground between. Trust me, I know. Managed a cigar store for 12 years. I tried to walk the line but realised that my friendships here were more important to me than my bosses need to sell stuff here. I took all my store related stuff out of my profile. I stopped publishing the event schedules. I found that I was viewed a little differently if I wasn't that guy that was trying to sell these guys cigars.

What a bunch of B.S. Like Brandon said, all this reappearance and apology is, is about convenience. If it weren't and it was sincere, it would have been done 2 years ago...not right after a website is launched and you're starting a deal of the day or whatever the fuck you call it.

I was curious is your shop called Cigar Emporium or is it some other shop.

What a bunch of B.S. Like Brandon said, all this reappearance and apology is, is about convenience. If it weren't and it was sincere, it would have been done 2 years ago...not right after a website is launched and you're starting a deal of the day or whatever the fuck you call it.

Brian, give him some credit. He did offer to host herf's in Houston with an included free cigar for everyone attending up to 10 people. ;)

Brian, give him some credit. He did offer to host herf's in Houston with an included free cigar for everyone attending up to 10 people. ;)

Well, when you are as big and successful as he is, with all that business acumen, you really understand the concept of spending 20 dollars on advertising and good will.
It's evident that he really know how to roll!

:laugh:

There's no way to definitively prove your intentions on a written forum like this, especially to people that have already made up their minds long ago. Just give up or try to be a non-retail regular member, with the understanding that every post you make will draw attention for quite a while.

John

There's no way to definitively prove your intentions on a written forum like this, especially to people that have already made up their minds long ago. Just give up or try to be a non-retail regular member, with the understanding that every post you make will draw attention for quite a while.

John

John, you are a wise man. Earning the FOG tag early I think.

Much respect to you.

lol... That outa give some folks a few laughs. I'm no where near being what that acronym means.

Take it for what it's worth Holmes. Hell, he thinks he knows me.:rolleyes:

Doc.