• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Close call last night

geldor1

Can't Re- Member
My wife and I were out at our weekly Bible study. Just getting ready to eat. My cell phone rings and it is my daughter.

She says there is something wrong with her kitten, Nyoko. He is running around throwing up and his paw is swollen. She is starting to get scared at this point. She is watching the rest of the group's children in our home.

I tell her I'll be home in 10 minutes.

On the way home the phone rings again. She says she knows the reason why the kitten is acting strange.

There is a snake in the garage. (the garage door to the house is open as there is a nice breeze)

I tell her to shut the door and keep the other kids out of the garage.

As soon as I get home and step into the garage, I see a mangled snake on the floor. All I know at that time is it is some type of viper by the shape of its head.

OH CRAP!!!!!!!!

Grabbed the carrier and told her to put her cat in. I scooped up the snake in an empty cat litter pail because it had a lid.

Off to the emergency animal clinic I go. I think there was at least 2 red lights that I actually did stopped at. :whistling:

They get the kitten right in and verify that the snake I brought with me is indeed a pygmy rattlesnake.

They kept him overnight after administering the anti-venom, some other fluids and some pain killer.

Wife picked him up this morning and took him to our vet. They want to keep him for observation today and possibly do some blood work.

*They just called and he is doing file. They have had him on fluids and want to start him on anitbotics.

He is one tough little guy. Not to mention, now the most expensive cat I've ever owned. :0

My wife didn't think it was too funny when I asked the ER clinic for the snake back. It was still barely alive. (No, I didn't really want it.)

"BEHOLD, NYOKO THE SERPENT SLAYER" as I proudly hold him up.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v134/gel...ittleMen004.jpg

He's the black and white one on the left. His brother on the right was my Father's Day present. Funny how the wife and daughter worked that into their plan.

My wife and I were out at our weekly Bible study. Just getting ready to eat. My cell phone rings and it is my daughter.

Bible study? And you're going after guys with limmericks all day long? :0

That's a might tough cat ya got there, I'm really glad everything worked out fine. Those little pigmy's seem to be everywhere, seems like two or three kids a year get bit by one of those around here, and unfortunately one of them usually dies.

Bible study? And you're going after guys with limmericks all day long? :0

It doesn't say I can't make fun of you. ;)

When he saw the crowds, he had compassion on them, because they were harassed and helpless, like sheep without a shepherd.

Good to hear your daughter reacted quickly. Hope he has a full recovery and has a long life, that way he won't be so expensive.

Good to hear your daughter reacted quickly. Hope he has a full recovery and has a long life, that way he won't be so expensive.

Me thinks he will have to live to be 60 years old to average out the costs. :p

I hate to admit that I love our cat, Lucy. She is a whore for attention, she acts like a dog and terrorizes my wife's maltipoo (4lb superpremium mutt). I'm a lab kinda guy, but I really dig this cat. Never standoffish and now at a healthy 13lbs she's a bruiser! I dont' let her sleep with us as she rolled over my nose once and I thought a fat hobbit was assaulting me!

My son has a cat with opposable thumbs, really! I picks up it's toys and throws them accross the room and chases them. Hope the kitty is okay. You can really get attached to these pets. I love my dog we are together all the time.

My cat was lifting weights and fell in the pool the other day...

Nothing like sore wet pussy....

Quick thinking. I'm sure he'll be fine although short a few lives.

Awsome!

Hey I don't have a cat... but I did get a snake caught in my garage Sunday night on one of those sticky mice traps. Yeah It was a little bugger... but a snake in the garage non the less. I HATE SNAKES!

He is still at the vets. They wanted to keep him overnight for observation and keep him on fluids to flush out his sytem.

I did stop in to see him after work and he was looking real good. So much better than the last time I saw him.

He had eaten a couple of times today.

I could tell he was glad to see me. :D

I will be bringing him home tomorrow.

Vet said they want to see him in 2 weeks for blood work. They want to determine if any of his organs might be damaged.

Glad to hear he's ok bro!!! :thumbs:

I have to admit... I love my two cats ( I CAN'T HAVE A DOG!!! :angry: ). One is two years old, and the other is about two months old.
I NEVER thought I'd have a cat... let alone two of 'em!!! :blush: