• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Closet into a Humidor

I saw spanish cedar closet lining at Lowe's yesterday...It was packaged as a box of slat boards about 3 feet long and 6-8 inchs wide.

any thoughts on using this to line the walls??

Who are you? Feel free to post an intro in the appropriate section and fill in your profile information. That being said, the wood is probably aromatic cedar, which is not good for cigars. The odor is too overpowering. Natural Spanish cedar would be best, but that board that Atuck is using is basically the same thing. The wood has the same moisture absorption properties as cedar. I forget what it is called, but you can check his thread for the name.

Well after much debate, I am going to buy a large cabinet. I have done all the research I possibly could. I wanted to leave the closet like it was when i sold the house. So I am going to build a walk-in in the basement when I get around to finishing it.

I saw spanish cedar closet lining at Lowe's yesterday...It was packaged as a box of slat boards about 3 feet long and 6-8 inchs wide.

You sure that was Spanish cedar?

I got a price on spanish cedar 4X8 sheets of plywood 1/4 inch thick. 75 bucks a piece plus shipping

In all possibility the wood may be Spanish Cedar. I know that the Lowe's near me will "special order" it and this wood could have been some that was ordered and not picked up or returned. But, I would compare it with a piece of red cedar side by side just for your own peace of mind.

Who are you? Feel free to post an intro in the appropriate section and fill in your profile information. That being said, the wood is probably aromatic cedar, which is not good for cigars. The odor is too overpowering. Natural Spanish cedar would be best, but that board that Atuck is using is basically the same thing. The wood has the same moisture absorption properties as cedar. I forget what it is called, but you can check his thread for the name.