• Hi Guest - Come check out all of the new CP Merch Shop! Now you can support CigarPass buy purchasing hats, apparel, and more...
    Click here to visit! here...

Clue Me On Rosada

gibu

Reaction score
I'm sorta new to cigars and think I understand how most are made and what gives them there flavor, but I have no idea what makes a Rosada wraper.  Is it just where it's grown? Or when it's picked? Or how it's aged? Or just what?  I had a Perdomo Cabinet Reserve and it was great.  Just what makes Rosada so good?Also on a side note, I seen Mel had made a Rosada but I also seen a post wondering were Mell was.  Has ne1 herd from him lately?Thanks for cluein in a newbie.

That is a good question. I am not sure but I believe the name comes from the region it is made in. I can't tell you much else I have not started to taste test any rosada wrapped cigars yet. My fancy for camaroon has not yet left me. LOL :biggrin:

Rosado wrapper is corojo leaf that has been fermented and aged longer than usual. I believe that it falls into "colorado" in the cigar color palette, but the extra fermentation produces the red hue. There are rumors that some manufacturers artificially treat the leaf to make it redder, just as some cheat in producing maduro wrappers. If your fingers look like you've been eating pistachios after smoking a cigar there's a good chance the leaf has been touched-up.Having said all that, I haven't found a rosado cigar I really like. I've tried a number of Perdomo La Tradicion's and some JR GCC's, and while they look great, smoking them has left me disappointed. Most of them have been soft and underfilled, burned funny and tasted kind of flat. But that's just me, I know many who love them.(Edited by avh at 10:30 am on July 13, 2001)